AppLink issue

iTonyp

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Coconut Creek Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
I cannot seem to get this to work. I successfully converterted/upgraded MFT AKA sync2 to Sync3 version 3 with Nav in my 2016 Explorer Limited. I got everything to work but can't seem to get app link to work with my iPhone. Am i missing something in Forscan that i need to change? Can anyone point me to the right direction please?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that the same as apple car play etc.? If so, the usb hub needs to be swapped with the sync3 version.

Is that the same as apple car play etc.? If so, the usb hub needs to be swapped with the sync3 version.

Thanks for the info. Apparently i was connecting to the USB port in the arm rest and i never changed that one to a CarPlay compatible USB. Soon as i connected it to the main which i did upgrade it started working. Does any body know the part number for the armrest USB port in the Explorer?

You shouldn't have to change the one in the arm rest. When I changed over my 16 XLT to Sync 3 I just changed the USB hub in the front console.

When I used CarPlay I plugged in to the arm rest.

My 2017 has only been gone for 3 months but I don't recall it having armrests much less a USB port in one. Perhaps you are referring to the console lid?

Peter

Meant to say inside the center console.

You shouldn't have to change the one in the arm rest. When I changed over my 16 XLT to Sync 3 I just changed the USB hub in the front console.

When I used CarPlay I plugged in to the arm rest.
Yeah i just took it apart and see that its just an extension from the hub. Perhaps i will upgrade the hub to a dual port. I also realize that i had to turn off CarPlay on the APIM before i can get that feature to work. Sucks the apps do not stay installed without the phone being connected but thats ok.

Hell I didn't even know there was a usb connection in the center console

Back