Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
The theme for the April EF Lottery is "Winter/Spring". For this month, post media or a written story about this prior winter or the coming of spring in the area that you live. This can be, but not limited to, trailing, crazy weather, or plans about the upcoming spring trips or projects.

Ending and drawing date will be April 29th.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid, or written story in accordance with the theme and award two members with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids. Members are encouraged to post positive feedback

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took these pics Friday:

R4ELjod.jpg

tyL8ofN.jpg

Average high temp for this time of year is low to mid 50's. It was a bit colder than that..

I should be scampering around in the woods looking for Morels right now, not getting called into work to throw salt.. :frustrated:

I live in LA. I don't know what this "winter" thing is you speak of. It's 92* here today.:p

A couple plans I have for this spring:

Junk Yard Hunting- Limited Slip Diff, Get new wheel well liners(fell off), Replacing GEM module,

Online/New- New A/T tires(likely summer), Headunit, Speakers, and Dynamat,

Activities- Do some local trails, DEEP CLEAN,

How much will I actually do? We'll see.
(Not For Consideration)

My shop is less than 2 miles from the Virginia Beach oceanfront. On one of the larger snowstorms this winter I had an easy 24" drift infront my shop. The piles in the pics were from snow only infront of the doors, not from the parking lot. I've been here 12 years and haven't seen it that bad ever.

20180110_125416.jpg

20180106_134309.jpg

20180104_102653.jpg

Looks like everyone is going to feel this one:

Sturgis, MI to Big Rapids, MI is 150miles. We (Grand Rapids) are right in the middle. There is a 40 degree temperature difference and swing between them in the next 24hours... on top of thunderstorms, freezing rain (iced over roads), 40mph winds and accumulating snow coming on top of that for Sun-Mon with wide spread power outages expected.

Not good, but I still would rather live here than California...:p

And I still don't need AWD/4WD...:p:p

::Update::

Ut-Oh! Local weatherman is losing it!!

LOL!

::Update:

"This is one of those challenging conditions for road crews"

View from the drivers seat:

M3J9x8h.jpg

There were times I had to clean the wipers off every 10-15 minutes. The ice would just build up too fast. That can get old quick on a 12 hour shift...and it did.

tbuvTSl.jpg

Tonight, everything wet will glaze over to ice again.. for the monday morning commute..

Hey! Did you know on this very date, just last year, it was 80 degrees? Eighty. o_O

::Update::

These pics were taken near the Mackinac Bridge on Sunday.

0838_10216314168394761_3145316482003501056_n%20(2).jpg

49178177-1350523682126084193-njpg-b41d5c9677f93e90.jpg

Pretty

16544331_G.jpg

01-24-18-MACK-BRIDGE-ALERTS-VO-12.transfer.jpg

winter sucks, and this one has been long,, and cold,, i have spent over $4k this winter on heat alone,,
here's my bike my ranger and 150 in one shot,,, with snow for effect,,,
as of right meow we still have 40 plus inches of ice on the lake,, :(

IMG_4861[1].JPG

I started a 4x4 Instagram account this winter ( @USA.4x4.NATION ), and I also run ( @4x4Explorers ). I am really excited for this summer, to upgrade the Explorer!

Front Flex.jpg

Rear Flex.jpg

My winter involved temperatures above 60 during the days, and sometimes down into the low40s at night. My winter also was the time of year to enjoy the desert, so I had 2 great trips this winter, one to Superstition Mountain in Plaster City, CA in January, and KOH in Johnson Valley in February. Both had amazing weather, and the Explorer did great.

Superstition picture
NBBYb6G.jpg

KOH picture
Kxy2lQg.jpg

Looking forward to an awesome summer of more wheelin!

Oh yea, and I painted it. haha

Explorers been sitting for a while but shes still around. jumped the gun on gettin ready for summer apparently up north here..
explorer with the new sled (buttoned up for summer) and the f250 with the xl250s (been out for a month or two now waiting for trails to open)
PYg32up.jpg

8eYXikq.jpg

Wot woot!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back