• Register Today It's free!

Apten chip in 94 X

travish_1

Reaction score
City, State
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Does anyone have the apten chip in a 91-94 X? I want to know how well it works and if it's worth the 250. It won't help the tranny at all right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard that the chip works well in early models and is worth the money.

If you have an auto tranny, Brian can raise shift points, make shifts firmer, and downshifts more responsive.

Have you tried searching? I know there are many threads on Apten results.

Yeah, I did a search and skimmed through, didn't find anything on 91-94 X's. Some questions, but they were unanswered. I didn't think it'd work on my tranny because it's not computer controled? I think I read that somewhere. Does anyone have any expierence with the apten chip for 91-94 X's?

That's right, according to the Apten site, the chip can't do anything for the 91-94 trans shift points because they are not computer controlled. However, the other things the chip does will help a 91-94. My chip is coming any day now and I'll know more then. I've got CA emissions on my truck which has been robbing it of a little power, and I'm getting rid of that with the chip.

I have had a single program (91 octane) Apten chip in my 94X for about a month. I am very happy with the results. I noticed a large increase in power right away. I recommend getting one.

even though it won't change the shift points or firmness on the 91-94's, it will remove torque reduction during shifting. That makes it feel a little better.

Brian

Back