ARB compessor install

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
Here it is. I moved the charcoal canister up to the A/C compressor mount and mounted the ARB compressor on the front sheet metal on the side of the radiator. Fits perfect!!

I'll throw a light down there later so I can get a better picture. But for now, you can see where the wires come out of the compressor.

Hope this helps someone!

Andy

Attachments

• p1000882.jpg
    p1000882.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 195

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So it looks something like this, us 93's have the charcol canister already moved :)

Attachments

• sp28-010.jpg
    sp28-010.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 180

thats exactly where mine is. I got the spot/idea from Brett Grooms.

I mounted mine straight up and down though....

Did you use the supplied ARB compressor backing plate for the 4 bolts?

I did have my ARB relay get wet and go bad on me, so when I replaced it I wrapped it up and tucked it up under the top of the rad support.

The other benefit about this location is if the negine is running the compressor will get cooled, even if at idle.
PLus people look at you like you are nuts when that sucker kicks on...WTF does he have under there??

Next you will find yourself going to the hardware store to set up an air chuck for filling tires....it actually does a better job then I had expected......

I went the easy way and ordered the kit for the ARB to fill up tires. Yeah, mine is up and down too. Not flat. I did use the backing plate to install it. It was a PITA to get the thing in there. I pretty much had to remove the grille to get in there with my hands. It was truly an experience though.

hahahaha Those Explorer grills are a PITA. On my BII it's like 6 phillips screws and the grill is off........

Of course in the case of my truck its 2 screws and 8 wire ties, I have that grill off so often I just use ties now....

Looks good. Also make sure you used teflon tape on all the threaded air fittings.....

Yeah, I used pipe thread compound. It is teflon, but it is more of a paste, not a tape. Works damn good too. You don't have to fight with it to get it to stay on.

So far, no leaks. I activate the compressor, and it doesn't come on at all after the locker engages.

Back