Are any 1991 Aerostar parts interchangeable? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are any 1991 Aerostar parts interchangeable?

ExplorerMike

Reaction score
City, State
Daytona Beach, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 sport
Hey gang, I was wondering if any parts on this vehicle are interchangable with my 92 sport. Thanks, Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive heard that some parts are interchangable with a ranger but im not sure about an explorer. What parts where you looking to use?

Whatever I can. The block for first off and some other motor parts. Hey Namitey, the Califon you are from, near Trenton or in Huntredon county. Mike

Those Aerostars were 3.0s. Is that the same block as the 4.0?

Robb

Most aerostars are 4.0's and ive heard that they have 8.8 rear axles. besides that i dunno. oh yeah, the 3.0 and the 4.0 have different blocks, the 4.0 shares its block with the old 2.9 V-6, which they bored and stroked to make it a 4.0.

OK, the 91 Aerostar was 3.0, so as far as the engine goes, it is worthless to you for Explorer parts.

Robb

The Aerostar had both the 3.0 and the 4.0. I don't know about the interchangeability of the two 4.0's in Ex's, and Aerostars. IT has an 8.8 however I belive its 28 spline and its narrower then the Exs.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could use some of the items off the engine. Same with the tranny.

The way to tell the 4.0 and the 3.0 apart is typically the 4.0 only came with the AWD version and the 3.0 came with the 2wd. Although I am sure there were exceptions.

I live about an hour north of trenton. I live about 15 minutes from clinton if you know where that is.

Back