Are other drivers courteous or rude when you’re in the explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are other drivers courteous or rude when you’re in the explorer

How are other drivers towards you in your explorer

• Total voters

Hammy1

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else noticed other drivers being “dicks” on the road when you’re in the explorer. I find so many people are just jumping in front of me last minute when approaching a stop light, or trying to box you out, not allowing you to merge. I have an ST so 100% of the time if I drive aggressively after an “incident” they’ll back off but still very annoying :splat:. Whatever happened to road courtesy? You give someone a pass they say “thank you.” You signal to enter a lane, they left off to let you in and you say “thank you.” It’s a very simple yet effective mentality.o_O

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see you are from Toronto. The usual Canadian etiquette do not apply. Covid has probably only made it worse.

Can't say I noticed any difference when I had my Explorers.

Peter

It's other drivers that are rude etc. People like to get past everyone they can when they get to traffic lights or congestion ..., even though they are the slower driver. That's the same reason they drive in the left lane, to stop faster drivers from passing them.

It's normal behavior.

I have a section of road going to work that is about six miles long, with 95% being one lane. There are four short passing zones spread out, each way. People drive slow in the no passing sections, and speed up in the passing zones. That's just evil, and dangerous. The whole point of this six mile section was to improve safety, it didn't.

Never seem to have an issue ..................
WellinformedUnimportantKissingbug-small.gif

Technically, because of health issues I'm semi retired. Still maintain my certs. I ride shotgun or am doing administrative work. It lets me socal distance from "Grandma Grumpy."
:D

Ooo Mannn...LUCKYYYYY!!!! I wish I was able to get the upgraded strobe package.

Those interceptors look just like our Peel Police cruisers. Minus the hood.
View attachment 323223
Did you know one of those damn steel wheels cost $995. USD ?:eek: Evidently it is because of their construction. They enable curb climbing at low speed w/o distortion.

Did you know one of those damn steel wheels cost $995. USD ?:eek: Evidently it is because of their construction. They enable curb climbing at low speed w/o distortion.

Wow. So a used set of those for $150 would be a great deal then?

$4000 for steel rims!!!! That’s $5,256 Canadian. And I was complaining the dealer charged me $1500 for my winter set. That is insane.

$4000 for steel rims!!!! That’s $5,256 Canadian. And I was complaining the dealer charged me $1500 for my winter set. That is insane.
Did that include the tires? The wheels can be had for $120 each. When I put the 18" Interceptor wheels on my 2017 Platinum it also required a different set of lugnuts to hold the centre cap on. Is the 2020 the same?

Peter

Did that include the tires? The wheels can be had for $120 each. When I put the 18" Interceptor wheels on my 2017 Platinum it also required a different set of lugnuts to hold the centre cap on. Is the 2020 the same?

Peter

Yes sir, 1500 included the 18” alloy DAI rims, 265/60/18 continental Vikingcontact 7 tires, tpms, lugs, install and balance. According to the dealer the interceptor rims doesn’t have the right offset for the ST pack. They had another customer insist on buying them and when they went to install it, apparently it rubbed on something. They said he ended up using a 5mm spacer.

Didn’t want to argue with them and run the risk of fighting for them to take it back. The other guy had to sign off on final sale.

Maybe they don’t have the right part number or can’t get the right rims.:dunno:

Nope, I have a white one and have been told by many people they thought I was a cop.

People let me pass, merge over, everything. Love it

Nope, I have a white one and have been told by many people they thought I was a cop.

People let me pass, merge over, everything. Love it
A woman in a red F150 at my dealer service lane said she always gets cut off my rude drivers. I am driving my first red vehicle ever, a Rapid Red ST and haven't noticed because people here are always rude drivers especially after COVID.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back