Are their sway bars for these things? body roll sux | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are their sway bars for these things? body roll sux

JawzSS

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Mountaineer
have an 2004 mountaineer and really want to do something to stiffen the ride..are there sway bars for these models? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it should have sway bars on it stock, unless somebody took it off.

I'm assuming it's stock height etc since you didn't' say otherwise... replacing the shocks with stiffer ones may help lessen body sway (at the expense of ride quality of course)

of course, it is an SUV which = top heavy brick on wheels... so if you want it to handle good i suggest the best mod would be to sell it and buy a sports car.

it should have sway bars on it stock, unless somebody took it off.

I'm assuming it's stock height etc since you didn't' say otherwise... replacing the shocks with stiffer ones may help lessen body sway (at the expense of ride quality of course)

of course, it is an SUV which = top heavy brick on wheels... so if you want it to handle good i suggest the best mod would be to sell it and buy a sports car.

lol i know it has stock sway bars.. however, i had a grand cherokee and they made thicker heavier aftermarket sway bars which helped tremendously in terms of eliminating body roll. I figured they would have done something similar for explorers and mountaineers as it is not that hard of a part to fab up.

the mountaineer is my daily driver, i have a worked trailbalzer ss as well so the handling in this probably has me a bit spoiled..it would be nice to get the handling on the merc a litttle better though

Eibach makes some nice aftermarket sway bars that greatly improves the handling.

what tires do you have? and what size? once i put on my 265s the body roll was pretty much gone. i was able to drift it on wet pavement with out coming close to rolling it.

have an 2004 mountaineer and really want to do something to stiffen the ride..are there sway bars for these models? thanks

how many miles does it have? i've noticed when i replaced my shocks at 14,000mi (thats a '14k') Truck felt lose, i replaced with OEM and it really stiffened the ride up. Rode like a brick. . .

Back