TT
shackles
bodt lift
33x12.50's
the usual

Snorkel added 07/15/08
IMG_1652.jpg

The future:
Dana 60 front with dedenbear knuckles, alloy USA 35 spline inner and outer shafts, longfield u-joints, detroit locker and 5.38 gears
Dana 60 rear with 5.38 gears and a full spool
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mynameisaric said:
i just hope i dont push my truck too hard and end up joining the roll over posse.
Looks really good...but you gotta be more optimistic than that! :D

i was actually thinkin it would be fun to drive a truck that had the entire side smashed. talk about some "vehicle character marks" but it just looks to dam good when its waxed to go and roll it. but i'm DEFINITELY gonna have some fun when i'm all locked up and regeared, speaking of which, i need to read the write ups i printed out. i'm deciding to save myself like 800-1000 bucks, and regear it myself. i'm hoping it takes no more than thursday night to saturday evening to finish it up... and thats at the max. but if it runs till sunday.. o well.. but i dont think it will. i figure since its my first time and i'm installing lockers too it will take me 5 hours to regear(x2) 1.5 to drop the front axle and another 1.5 to get it back in, and then 2 hours per locker. so total, thats only 17 hours. so maybe it will only take me thursday(get off work at 4) till friday night(dont work fridays) i'm so excited. :D :D :D

Lookin' good Aric! Your drivetrain's gonna be rockin' in a bit. :cool:

LMAO! :D Yeah, that's going to be an unbelievable difference! That's cool that your probably gonna regear yourself. I'm debating whether I should do my own or not for my front Dana 44. The rear 9" already has a geared third member with 4.88s that I just recently dropped in. Obviously, the gears in the Dana 44 would only be used offroad since it'll be in the front. We'll just see...but I'm strongly considering it too. :cool:

just do it... from what i've read, the only part that you can screw up on is the crush sleeve. so as long as you took your time and get everything within specs... i think you'd be alright, just a guess though. how about you try it first... and tell me how it goes.

I was hoping you'd try it first :D The good thing is if I mess up, it won't be in the truck yet any ways, so I'd be able to take it to somebody knows what they're doing. :p

thats exactly why you should do it first. you have to do it b4 the 18th tho, cuz thats when i start. and i still havent gotten my front locker.... grrr.. i got the rear in 3 or 4 days. i ordered the front last thursday. its coming straight from richmond gear in south carolina and its only gotta come up a few states to illinois. not that i could do anything with it now, but i want to stare at the pretty box.

well i did a little bit of work to my truck today. i chopped the exhaust after the muffler and put a turn down on. nothing noticeably different other that some added loudness but not much. i dont have that ugly exhaust pipe hangin down at the back anymore tho. and i went to do the tps mod, and when i took the reading, it was 1.005. 0.96 is perfect, so i figured 0.0045 variation isnt enough to mess with. and then i did the throttle cable mod. that one had the most notable effect. i know i didnt gain anything, but the throttle response is awesome. and i think that chopping the exhaust smoothed my idle out some. my car doesnt vibrate at stop lights now.

i really like the truck, i like that skidplate a lot too. lookin good

Kept the hub caps for your steel rims? Hmmmmmm......theres an idea

someone else on the board did it and its hella cheaper than buying new ones. i steal all my ideas, but i guess thats what this site is for. except for maybe my bumper, havent seen another one like it. i tried to go for a prerunner style and i got it somewhere between prerunner and antarctic expedition truck. but i like it. it gets nice remarks. my mom calls it "the child killer", and my friends call it "the shopping cart crusher". cant wait to here the remarks/question when i put a snorkel on. thanks for the comment bigdave. i got that skid plat cut along time ago and just didnt get it bent and mounted till recently.

New MODS!

i almost forgot to update... i decided to remove my driver side mirror and I added a nice little dent on the driver's side door. :thumbsup: Pretty sweet mods. :thumbsup: all u need to complete this mod is a tree, some mud, and lots of gravity. :rolleyes:
22646mytruck53.jpg

22646mytruck54.jpg

Edit: More pics. I power washed it and pulled the dent out. it was actually worse than that. i'll be washing and waxing friday. maybe the dent will buff out ;)
22646mytruck55.jpg

22646mytruck56.jpg

ouch. good mod. i think ill hold off on that though ;)

nice truck. do you have any detail pics of your front bumper?

Its getting done SOOON!!!!

Is this not the sexiest $1400 box ever? Brand spankin new 4.56 yukon gears and front and rear powertrax no-slip lockers. and i'll hopefully be installing it all this weekend. :)
2264609-01-05_1928.jpg

sorry for the crap quality, pops is outa town with the good digicam.

looks like a lot of fun. Who the heck did your welds on your bumper? Anyway, good luck on the gearing and all that stuff. What part number is for the Front gears? Also, did u get an install kit? what was the part # on that?

-Drew

i did the welds on my bumper. i dont know the part numbers for the gears or the install kit. i called Randy's ring and pinion and i told them what i needed, and they sent it. but you already have gears, so shouldnt you know? and i'm guessing with a clear gears in the back, you dont take your truck off road? its super nice tho. wish i could afford the trailmaster or superlift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my Yukon boxes the part numbers are on the side of the box.

-Drew

Back