TT
shackles
bodt lift
33x12.50's
the usual

Snorkel added 07/15/08
IMG_1652.jpg

The future:
Dana 60 front with dedenbear knuckles, alloy USA 35 spline inner and outer shafts, longfield u-joints, detroit locker and 5.38 gears
Dana 60 rear with 5.38 gears and a full spool
IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the part numbers for the front gears and install kits are:
R&P = YG M35-456
Install kit = YK M35

hope that helps. good luck. go ahead and ask if you have any other questions. (and i know those welds arent great. it was bumper #1, and i will make another one day that will look muchos better.)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

my Installed kit had YK M35 IFS

Anyway, good luck on the gearing.

-Drew

Sliders

I decided that i need some sliders before the 10th anniversary run at the badlands, because i hear that place eats rocker panels. i took some measurements and hopefully these wil weld right up and be even all the way along my rockers. i figured in about 1.5" of vertical movement and and i can always shim with thicker plate to make sure they stick out the same all the way across. they arent going to stick out very far, maybe 1/2" or so. i was just thinking the further from the frame, the weaker they are, and i dont need step rails at this point in time. i was going to do hitch style, but i think if i go with thick enough steel and put some gussets in where it mounts to the frame, i'll be ok. heres renderings of the sliders.
22646sliders01-med.jpg

22646sliders02-med.jpg

the left of the drawing would be the rear mount, and the slider for the driver side has the rear mount pushed up 6 inches to clear all the E-brake garbage. i am waiting for my dad to get me the steel. when i made my crap@$$ (but sturdy) front bumper, it took him 2 weeks. and then i'll start desiging a rear tire carrier. i'm going to make these either at school, or my dad's friends shop. not trusting my rocker panels to a 115v fluxcore mig.

on a side note, my school's auto's department might be regearing my truck for me..... for FREE! and all i have to do is provide parts. so as long as i can get some sort of guarantee and the teacher is willing... i should be gettin regeared before next semester(i know i've been talking about this forever) i also bedlinered my rockers and removed those ugly plastic things. looks much cleaner now. pics to follow, i just dont have a camera with me. (looks just like j602's truck.)

Pimp! :cool:

Where'd you get the extinguisher mounts? Need some to mount mine with.

Josh, I bought my extinguisher at Home Depot for 10 bucks and it came with a mount. :) The truck looks good Aric. :thumbsup:

Clear gears are pretty damn tough dude.
Thats like me saying "I guess without those lockers, gears and those Alteeza lights, you have never really been off road before"......

Also who's installing the lockers and gears?

Yeah, I have an extinguisher, and it came with some sort of mount, but it only holds the bottle in one place and not very securely at that.

Josh, do you have that little plastic strap style mount? That's what I have but mine is pretty darn secure. (Pics in my Elite Reg.)

Jamie, last I heard, he was going to try and install his lockers and gears. :)

good luck with that :) I mean its not that hard from what I hear/understand, but without the right tools = sucks.

Cleargearz are WAY tougher then the stock metal cover, and I got one of those, and I go off road :) Currie 8.8 cover sure would be nice though....hmmmm

I plan on attempting my front axle gears/locker. I also am planning on buying the right tools. I didn't know you had a Clear Gearz Jamie! I want one of those for the Dana 44. :cool: Do they have a drain plug?

I do not have a clear gearz, read up above.

No drain plug in them though :)

mynameisaric said:
on a side note, my school's auto's department might be regearing my truck for me..... for FREE! and all i have to do is provide parts. so as long as i can get some sort of guarantee and the teacher is willing...

;)

Bryan, no it's a crappy thin plastic holder. Not near strong enough.

i just woke up from my nap, and i'm lost as to where these clear gears came in at. but i probably do need to update my diff cover someday.

The gears, hopefully, my schools autos department will do them as long as i can get some sort of warranty on the work. if I had another vehicle to drive while i regeared, i would just do it myself, but this is all i have. I'm waiting on a response from the autos department. and this is a ASE certification school, not high school. I would never... never... let a bunch of stoners from my old high school's autos department touch my truck.

If my school regears my truck, then i'm going to install the lockers after the 500 mile break in period and switch to synthetic fluid.

Josh, i found my extinguisher in the basement(the needle is in the green though) and it had the mount on it already. I saw one a extinguisher at wal mart with a mount for like 10-15 bucks though.

Yeah, I was a little confused at where the clear gearz came in at also. :confused: :p

Looks like the clear gearz crack was edited out, making my post make no sense at all. :)
but basically he said, "with that clear gearz I guess you dont really off road" or something to that effect so I had to call him out :)

Nope, still there Jamie. Post 20 ;)

oh good :) This thread grew too fast to keep up.

Anyways truck looks great, would love to see a write up on the gear/locker install.
BTW nice chioce of gears , I will be using Yukon as well.

oh.. whoops. i was under the impression clear gears were only for show. oh well, this whole conversation made my registry look like it was interesting or something. i'll do a write up on the lockers, but i dont think that i'm going to do the gears myself, but if i do, i'll do a write up on that too.

alright, well my school won't do it. they said they are having enough problems with a dana30... stupid heeps(i'm assuming, i dont know of anythign else that uses a d30) we'll blame it on jeeps for fun tho. but the teacher recomended me to a guy thats pretty close to where i live. and i'm waiting on a quote from him. lets hope its not another 1200$ quote.....

Back