• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Mountaineer

TallGuy_AZ

Reaction score
City, State
Safford, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer
Hey everyone. I just came across a smoking deal on a 1998 Mountaineer, it has the 5.0 and AWD. I'm not new to the 4x4 scene, but have never messed with the small bodied rigs. I did an SAS on my 81 F150, along with lots of other mods. I plan to make this thing my new offroad beast.

I'm sure I'll be full of questions about axles and transfer case stuff, but I better go do some reading first, so I don't look too dumb...... :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome and the search feature is very useful on this site. If it can be done to an Explorer, it has been!

Yeah, make sure to go through the offroad projects forum first. there are a ton of SASed Explorer on here and will give you plenty of reading material. Check out section525's SAS thread. He just did it to a '96 5.0.

Welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Board!

It's great to have another AZer on the board. Hope you'll watch for when we holler for people to wheel w/ here. Of course, it most likely won't be until the weather cools off. Right now, we can't even go to Flag to escape the heat.

Thanks! I live where it's a little cooler, but not much. I won't be able to wheel the mountaineer for awhile, but my F150 keeps up pretty well. Just have to drag the sheetmetal a little more. ;)

I'll keep an eye out here for Arizona Runs. What's one more board to watch? :D

Back