Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
Raw Deal, Terminator, Upper Terminator, Judgement Day, Martinez Canyon, Coke Ovens, Crown King Trail.

Join us February 22-23 in Phoenix Arizona for some great wheeling! We will have runs for the hardcore who aren't afraid of some body damage and possible mechanical breakdowns and less wicked runs for those who need to get their rigs home in one piece (although you never know).

I will be posting hotel information and other details soon. I just wanted to get the date out so you can make your plans!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For those who would like information on some of the trails we will run I suggest Charles Wells book "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails". I highly reccomend this book to anyone who plans on attending and to Arizona natives as well. I have found loads of new trails in the book. If you decide to get the book order it from here: http://4x4books.com/ab.htm

He has it discounted to $17.95

The hardcore runs are not in the book, but the other runs such as Martinez Canyon, Coke Ovens and Crown King are all there.

Accomodations:
This hotel is about 2 miles from our house. Approx 30 minutes from one set of trails and 1-1/2 hrs from the other set of trails.

Hawthorne Suites 602-564-8000
1 bedroom Suite with full kitchen. Living room with sleeper sofa, Queen bed in bedroom $??

Studio 1 king bed, galley kitchen, with microwave, sink and refrigerator. $??

Camping:
If you only plan on running the hardcore trails you can camp in the area where all the trails are located... it WIL be cold at night though so be warned.

I will post additional hotel info soon I need to call and get the rates for this year.

Required Equipment: http://www.explorer4x4.com/trail_equip.html

Dinner at Rick and Char's:
Char and I would like you to join us for dinner at our place on Saturday night. We'll have sub sandwiches again with all the goodies. BYOB Dinner is open for all Explorer enthusiasts from the site whether you have a street rig or a rock crawler.

I' m there!!!:cool:

If you dont mind a bronco taggin along I will be there.

Are there going to be any stocker trails on this run? If so are there any minor mods I should have done other than having the required items on the equipment list?

If you we can get enough stockers together than sure.

Dust, that's not a problem we'd be glad to have you.

2003 Arizona Run

Hello, I am interested in attending this event. It will be my first attendance. If any who has been there could tell me, when (the pumpkin) says it has hard trails what is his definition of hard (mechanical lockers front and rear and 44 inch boggers with 20 inches of lift or just well equiped as I would call mine.) I have 35x12.50 mud terrain tires, mechanical locker in rear, limited slip in front (trak lok), manual locking hubs, 6.5 inches lift in front, 5.5 in rear, high lift jack, full size spare, k&n air filter, home made snorkel, flowmaster cat back system, Ramsey 8000lbs 3.8horsepower winch, cb radio tuned up. And lots of 35000lbs strap, two tow hooks front and rear, dual electric fans, oversized stay cool radiator,
dual tranny coolers, and most of all me. So would my truck fit into the hard category, note I have never offroaded out of Texas. Thanks.:confused:

EEEHHHAAAAAA:D This is going to be another great run.:thumbsup: Sign up guy's I can asure you non stop action and the best Hostess and host in all Arizona.:cool:

Originally posted by Rick

Dust, that's not a problem we'd be glad to have you.

awsome...I will be there

Re: 2003 Arizona Run

Originally posted by Msupertek
Hello, I am interested in attending this event. It will be my first attendance. If any who has been there could tell me, when (the pumpkin) says it has hard trails what is his definition of hard (mechanical lockers front and rear and 44 inch boggers with 20 inches of lift or just well equiped as I would call mine.) I have 35x12.50 mud terrain tires, mechanical locker in rear, limited slip in front (trak lok), manual locking hubs, 6.5 inches lift in front, 5.5 in rear, high lift jack, full size spare, k&n air filter, home made snorkel, flowmaster cat back system, Ramsey 8000lbs 3.8horsepower winch, cb radio tuned up. And lots of 35000lbs strap, two tow hooks front and rear, dual electric fans, oversized stay cool radiator,
dual tranny coolers, and most of all me. So would my truck fit into the hard category, note I have never offroaded out of Texas. Thanks.:confused:

Your rig is equipped fine, but you have to be willing to accept body and mechanical damage on the hard core trails. Good rock sliders help prevent a lot of the body damage that could occur.

Fakrwee,

Are you trying to ruin my reputation? :p

Body damage is ok by me.

I'll make me some rock guards this week and weld them on. I am a Ford Technician by the way, Master Certified and all. Thanks for the recommendation, I had not installed rock guards for the simple fact where I usually go they're not many rocks. I'm in I look foward to going. Next question, is there anybody from the Dallas/Ft Worth area who is going to attend so that I may follow them (ya know kinda like a convoy) to the area? If not its no big deal I will still go, just curious.:cool:

No mam that's why I said hostess first.:D

Re: Body damage is ok by me.

Originally posted by Msupertek
Next question, is there anybody from the Dallas/Ft Worth area who is going to attend so that I may follow them (ya know kinda like a convoy) to the area? If not its no big deal I will still go, just curious.:cool:

Johnstone... formerly Aquaman, is coming from Texas, but I think he' stopping in NM to visit relatives.

I am in like Flynn on this one. The zuk is coming along great, and it's built for this!

I'll be coming from Texas too... I'll probably be coming out to this run instead of Truckhaven.

So are you saying Truckhaven will be the warm-up run? What can I say? Dustin has been trying to get me out there for a year now.

So.... I guess I am gonna have to say count me in! As of right now, that weekend is looking fine for me. I may be switching jobs in the next 6 weeks, but that should give me weekends off.

However, I will be one of those people needing to get my truck home, so I'd like to hang around the "2-3" trails.

Whats the due date on this deposit?

--Sean

I may be attending this run. I will also be departing from Dallas, Tx.

I will stay off the terminators and possibly judgement day(havent heard too much about that one) I have to drive my truck home and to work the week after so I need to come home somewhat in one peice:cool:

so the Raw Deal, Martinez Canyon, Coke Ovens, Crown King Trail are sounding more along my lines right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are we gonna run Crown King together again this year? I wouldn't mind doing it again without runners...and I have stronger tires this time around :D

Back