Arizona Run March 16-17 2002 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

Ray, didn't you get the intinarary with the maps? Everything is the same except Saturday morning we are leaving at 8am instead of 9am.

Friday is a real small hard core run. I don't think you would like it... Body damage is VERY likely. It makes that rocky wash we went through at T-haven look extremely mild.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick,
What trail are you planning on running on FRIDAY?
I could probabally get off work and run it with you.
Let me know time and place.

I will take care of the reasurants in crown king today.

Rawdeal and Terminator.

Sweet:D

Let me know the time and I will be there.

I ides of March :eek:

Hey:) Any special brand of ceegars or tekilla? 9 more days to go:cool:

Your a week ahead of yourself the run isn't for 17 more days...

I like maduro, real dark brown, not the black. I'll let you pick a brand. Char says any Tequllia "as long as it's good" LOL

Itinerary and Maps???

Rick,

Guess I missed the "initerary and maps" somehow. Are they posted here on the board, or were they e-mailed? If posted, please point me toward them, if e-mailed. please re-send them if possible.

Also, what about repeater frequencies?

As for the Fri. run. well... I'd have to look at the trails: I've done a couple of mods since Truckhaven. I was going to keep them secret 'til we showed up, but...

New modified radius arms, improving tire clearance, and restoring full turning radius, modified fenders, Bill Collins' 33" 12.50 BFG Mudders and steel wheels giving better ground clearance. Improved skid plating, etc., new strg stabilizer.

Other new things: GMS MAF sensor on order, should be in by the 14th. some ****pit refinemenys etc.

Maybe we can do those trails? we'll see :eek:

I'll resend them in e-mail. It's not a matter of if the truck can make it through. It's a matter of can it make it through without putting dents in it like you've seen on my truck. Just be prepared for that kind of damage.

Dents 'n Dings

Rick,

Yeah, you're right, I'm not real BIG on dinging the truck, but I have, It's just that then I have to go into the body work mode when I get home. Did I mention thst I just hate the smell of Bondo?:eek:

I love the smell of Bondo in the morning
Smells like...
Victory!

Paul, good to hear your taking the rig, do some trails for me:p

Rick, arghhh, 17:shoot: When you go to TDS look up 4x4Dr. and show him your rig and Paul's. He's going to have a booth. The owner is Mike Duncan and his Mgr. is Dennis. Give them my regards and tell them to get my rig finished:fire:

Brian have a couple of cold one's for me;)

Rick,

I just sent the $20 to your paypal account. I haven't heard back from my Rep in Singapore yet so I'm figuring that I am good to go. Please send me the itinerary and maps so I know where to go.

Thanks,

Robert

Hey Tom, did you decide to do the SAS before the Arizona run afterall??

No Rick, I'm still waiting for my custom 44 pumkin from Dynatrac. It's taking longer than expected.:frustrate I'm still going to Arizona. :D When I get it installed I'll go and visit you and we'll rock.

What would happen if a friend showed up with a Toyota? He has a '98 Mazda B4000 also, but he is having problems getting it to go into 4x4. It needs other work as well so when he takes it in for the other work, he will have Ford look at his solenoid. Anyway, he and I have been talking about running Crown King. With the run coming up, I suggested to him that he may want to come along. He has concerns about not having an Explorer but I told him someone wlse inquired about bringing someone with a J@@p. I don't know what the consensus was with that though. I gave him the address of the web-site since his Mazda has a lot in common with the Explorer so he may check it out. Would he be welcome?

Robert please let me know if you hear anything different; but I was the one the inquired about a J@@p buddy running with us (he is my childhood buddy driving out from CA) and I got a message it's prefered to be small and Explorer only:( But I am hoping that he will understand that this is an Explorer board function.

I can understand the feelings of wanting to keep it Explorer only, but I do know there are a few regular members that have Rangers instead of Explorers. My friend has a Mazda B4000 (Ranger equivalent) so I mentioned it to him. That was when my friend told me that he would rather bring his Toyota instead of his Mazda since his Mazda has several problems that need to be fixed. If it is Explorer only, then that is fine with me. I would prefer to call it a Serious Explorations group ride though. That way the regulars without an Explorer could come along. I think the ride should be for any member of this group or any Explorer owner that has an interest in becoming a member so I wouldn't feel disappointed if I had to tell me Friend that he couldn't go on this run.

The Rangers have always been welcome as are the Ford based Mazda P/Us. This run isn't accepting anyone else though. Explorer or not. There will be too many people on the trails to have a good time.

Hey everyone, it ends up that my dad is going to come so I'm going to share a hotel room with him. I had planned on sharing a room with Alec, but now that's empty, if anyone else needs a room, contact him.

It was 40 dollars at the hawthorne sweets hotel.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are the Hawthorne Suits located in relation to where the run is on Sat? My buddy and I were going to Camp at Lake Pleasant maybe w/ Gary if he wanted, but we might need somewhere to park my buddy's truck, (and it's a nice ride). Thanks.

Back