Arizona Run March 27-28 2004 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 27-28 2004

Originally posted by FAKRWEE

But on the bright side my leg is healing and maybe I could do a solo trip to Arizona and hang out a couple of days like last year. Heads up Rick and Hammer.:D

We'll be ready :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Rick
We'll be ready :D

I know this may sound funny, but damm I miss you guy's:chug:

My doors always open Fakrwee,
I always have extra pillows
The beds are always warm
and the beers always cold!

Good News and Bad News for me

The good news is that my truck will be rolling in the next couple days. The axle swap is only waiting on some mods to my radius arms that are at the machine shop, and securing a trac bar bracket a little better. I got ahold of a welder over the weekend and my roommate built the crossmember I designed. Everything is looking great and IT'S GOING TO BE BIG! Travel should be good considering the radius arms are mounting where the old transfer case skid plate was mounted. I've got all the DOM I need to make my steering so that will be done within a couple hours of work some night this week.

Rick, you're more than welcome to stop by and take a peek, maybe we can do a mini-run before I get my gears in (ya know 2wd) just to test run the suspension. I'd like your advice on shocks (resivoir style) and maybe a RAM assisted steering.
Now the bad news,
I've had a job opportunity jump up that could be VERY GOOD in the long run, but it's back in Wisconsin and I'll most likely be heading back there mid March. I'm totally rattled about moving back, everything I like (year-round wakeboarding, women, kick @ss wheeling) is in AZ, but the job is back East. Maybe I could commute!

There ya go... proof positive that once you move to AZ you'll never wheel again (at least in Arizona)...

DON'T MOVE TO AZ WHATEVER YOU DO...:confused:

There ya go... proof positive that once you move to AZ you'll never wheel again (at least in Arizona)...

DON'T MOVE TO AZ WHATEVER YOU DO...:confused:

Don't say things like that, you'll jinx me before I even get there;)

Moving to AZ was the best mod I ever made!!!
And it was Free!!

Originally posted by offroadkc

I will not drive your vehicle for you this year Rob. Even if you beg. :nono: :roll:

Not just no but HELL no, I am going to try to make this run, using a diiferent truck and trailer for DAMN sure, and hopefully staying the the hotel I payed for this time, or maybe even the campground I payed for too. Just in case, Rick is the camper open???????

Hope to see all there!!

Man I would like to go, but I don't think I can do Moab and AZ this year at least not so close together. So I guess I'll just do Moab. I need one of those teleporters from Star Trek so I can attend more trips out of Texas.

Originally posted by Msupertek
Man I would like to go, but I don't think I can do Moab and AZ this year at least not so close together. So I guess I'll just do Moab. I need one of those teleporters from Star Trek so I can attend more trips out of Texas.

You're welcome to join us down here anytime Michael. We're good to go 9 months out of the year. Forget the summer :D

Iowa only has 5" lift allowed on their lift laws. Between my two vehicles combined I'm breaking the laws by about 11 inches. Looks like I should stay in Phoenix. Sheesh 21" of lift between my two trucks!!!

It's looking like I'll stay out west as of right now!!! I'm taking a vacation to wheel this whole trip if I stay!

Originally posted by Dannyboy

It's looking like I'll stay out west as of right now!!! I'm taking a vacation to wheel this whole trip if I stay!

Well now that's more like it :chug: ;)

Well now that's more like it :chug: ;)

You're still more than welcome to stop by and see the finishing touches of setting up the axle. I'll probably be working on it Sunday. I saw on another thread you were on 101 in Scottsdale the other day. Perhaps you could venture to the East side again if you're bored.

I mean, the :rolleyes: before hurt my feelings (j/k) and now that I'm staying I want to get ready to wheel before it gets to be 167 degrees at night!!!

I don't think we have anything going on Sunday. You'll have to PM me with your address and stuff.

Send me a PM too.
I might stop in and see whats happening.
What do you got to eat :)

Im running a 2000 sport on p265 16 inch rims.... Anyone have any idea if this is something I can do?

We haven't set up the runs yet. Keep an eye on this thread and once we decide exactly where each group is going we can give you a better idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Jefe
A month away and only 7 signed up? :rolleyes:

Have you seen the price of fuel lately?

Whoa neally!

Back