Arizona Run March 27-28 2004 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 27-28 2004

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn, Damn, Damn, I want to go sooo Bad!!
Laurie won't let me go alone (nor do I want to leave her alone). Sometimes I wish she wasn't pregnant. Oh well, next year I should be able to make every run!
These meeting spots seem real close to my grandma's house too. She lives in Sun City West (Retirement village) It would give me a free place to stay too.

Schucks, darn, damn.

Oh well.

Heh, i live about 3 minutes from sun city west straight out grand (60) towards wickenburg.

My wife used to work in Witman. I know the area well.

Lets talk about runs...

I just got my arizona 4x4 book and am getting really excited about this trip.

I found the runs in the florence junction area, and they look really cool, so are we spending 2 days there or going somewhere else on sunday? Also I am bringing my family(all 4 of us) and we are continuing to sedona, then flagstaff, then bryce and zion, then back to ca. we will be using the entire week after the weeling in phoenix. I saw a run in sedona i want to do, I think it was called broken arrow. Is there anything else you arizona natives might reccommend for wheeling around sedona, bryce, or zion?

Marty where are you? :rolleyes: I miss the sound of scraping metal on rock. :cool:

:burnout: lets go..

-joshua :D

My vote goes out for the florence junction area. I think I want to give Martinez Canyon a try. Other than that I'm game for whatever.

Originally posted by offroadkc
My vote goes out for the florence junction area. I think I want to give Martinez Canyon a try. Other than that I'm game for whatever.

How would you like to lead out there? What kind of equipment is needed for Martinez? Would you want to do Martinez one day an Coke Ovens the next?

Martinez requires a lift and at least a limited slip in the rear.
I have done the trail about 5 times. It is great, but I recomend at least a 3" lift with 32s and a solid limited slip in the rear. This is for upper martinez only but just about anyone can make it to the cabins.

I was by Florence today, I ran through some mud puddles in my superduty. It was nice and rainy out there. Anyway the exit routes from box cannon, coke ovens and martinez fall on the army/marine testing base. They have 6 days through out March that they are doing live artillery testing:eek:
I wrote them down, I need to go to my truck and get the note, I will post the dates shortly.

I'd be fine with leading a run out there but I've never taken the Explorer through there so I would want someone more equipped than me close by. I think I'd be pushing it with mine and body damage is very possible.

How about we all meet there and split up between stockers (coke ovens) and modified/big dogs (martinez)?
Do both on one day.

The live artillery days in March are
March 6-7, 20-21, 25-26 Close but no cigar.
Were cool

I don't know how to start so here it is... I need help.

I just can't get into the proper mindset to get this run planned and organized. Char has been having some medical problems for quite some time. We just found out today that she has gall stones which have caused two gall bladder attacks in the past month.

Next step is to get find a surgeon to find out when they are going to take it out. Beyond that she may still have other problems which they won't be able to fully diagnose until this is taken care of.

Could someone do the logistics for this thing? Or maybe we should just reschedule for fall or winter of this year.

Thanks and sorry...

Originally posted by Rick
I don't know how to start so here it is... I need help.
. . .
Could someone do the logistics for this thing? Or maybe we should just reschedule for fall or winter of this year...
Sorry to hear that Rick. Good luck to both of you.

I'd be glad to help out. However, other than the Charles Wells book, and the trails we've run the past 2 years, I don't have much knowlege of the trails out there.

As for resceduling, if a later date will work better for you, that is fine with me. I'm planning on being out there either way, since my Mom and I have planned to visit her parents that weekend.

Sorry to hear you wont be running the trails rick... But family always comes first...

Unfortunantely im going for sure. I have taken off of work and made hotel reservations. I also made arraingements to pick up a part from HAMMER at the runs. So i guess i get to organize.

So who else is going for sure, and what trails saturday and sunday? Looks like the florence junction area for sure, since rick is out. Those are the trails i have heard you guys talk about and i can find in the wells book to run.

I guess its time for a sound off of whos going. hopefully its more than 2 or 3. Hopefully i wont be going alone. :mad:

I was thinking like offroadkc, lets do of coke ovens on saturday(stock and modified), let big dawgs do martinez canyon, and ??? what to do on sunday? Lets keep it simple and have a good time. I have about 4.5 inches of lift and 33's on my rig now.

-joshua
Please feel free to PM me with ideas or info.

Here is the latest list of participants

1. Rick & Char - plaque - 4
2. Marty Sprunk Marty 196 3 - plaque
3. Jeff Glancy - Jefe - 4 - plaque
4. Thomas A Baker - KSPride - 2 plaque
5. Joshua Champion - Goliath - 2
6. David Lespier - Bigtigexplorer - ? -Plaque
7. Mark Strickland - Maniak - 3
8. Keven Cross - offroadkc - Plaque

Thanks for your understanding.

BTW, I don't think I'm out as far as running the trails that weekend.

Rick,
We can have the party at my home. I am centrally located. I have a few tools for fixes and a quite a bit of parking. I get free meat as my wife is in the industry. All I need help with is refreshments, munchies and side dishes.
That should take some of the pressure off.

I will need a ride for the runs and might even hold off on Saturdays runs to help prepare for the party and catch a ride with someone on Sunday.

Let me know

Hey Rick,
Its only the 1st of March.
Fix the computer, what did you get a free toaster with that thing!
Doesnt even take care of leap year. ;)

Originally posted by Hammer
I get free meat as my wife is in the industry.

Hammer, your mind is always in the gutter. Oh wait... That's MY mind that's always in the gutter;)

Thanks for the help. We can definately supply the non-alky beverages and some munchies/ side dishes.

Originally posted by Hammer
I get free meat as my wife is in the industry.

I thought your wife was a dance instructor??

How does she get meat with that??

She owns a dance studio, but that is only a part time thing. She teaches Tuesday and Thursday nights and all day saturday. She has been a dancer all her life and this is just for fun. It does not bring in enough to support the family.
Her real job is a food broker. She sell food to white table cloth resturaunts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could someone do the logistics for this thing?
I'll volunteer Rob and myself. He just got himself another heep so I'm sure he'll be up for helpin.

OK then Sat 3-27 lets all meet near the Florence area and run out there depending on who shows up we will have a doable run for everyone. I'll post the directions and maps later.

Sun 3-28 Do we want to do Crown King again?
Do the BIG dawgs want to do Table mesa?
Are there runs for little folks up there?
Once we know we'll make plans for Sun.

Is anyone going to be here Fri 3-26?
I have the day off so I'll be up for a run then too.

Let me know what you think.

Back