Arizona Run March 27-28 2004 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 27-28 2004

Maps for Florence area

From Phx take the US 60 east to AZ 79 south turn east after the railroad tracks (price rd.??) before you cross the Gila river (this is an Az river = no water just a big ditch). We will meet on the side of the road since they fenced off our staging area (there is another one just a couple of miles in).

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 240

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Zoomed out

Attachments

• 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 250

Again

Attachments

• last.jpg
    last.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 237

At Table Mesa you would need someone who knew the place to lead a good stocker/mild run since there aren't any guide books for that area.

Crown King is always a good days run, but so is Coke Ovens and Martinez. I'm really up for anything. I just want to wheel :D

Rick

Rob just reminded me that they closed off the exit route we used for the Coke Ovens run so we are going out this weekend to prerun and find another.

Anyone want to join us?

I'm also fine with the suggestion earlier about doing Martinez one day and Coke Ovens the next.
It's a bit of a drive for you northern guys but then again so is Crown King for us southerners.
Personally I think Coke Ovens would be a better stocker run (more challenge) than Crown King.

cool, someone else is going!!
hey offroadkc, what cb channel and what time do you want to meet on sat the 27th at the florence junction area? Im as bad as rick... I just want to wheel:D

I'm good with doing everything on the East side, but how about the folks who may have already reserved hotels up here in my neighborhood. Are you guys good with 2 long drives to the trails?

BTW, just in case anyone didn't see the other thread, Char came through surgery in great shape today. She's recovering very well :D Who knows maybe she'll be ready to wheel in a couple weeks.

thats awesome news rick, glad char is OK. I dont care where we go, I just want to wheel...

:D

Dont forget my home is in the middle of Ricks house and the runs by Florence. We can have the party at my pad.

I never noticed this thread before but I am in Tucson right now for school (UA) but my home is in Phoenix and am curious about this run. Is Table Mesa a gurantee for the location of the run?

I am a stocker but have been out to Table Mesa many times and just done some light trails out there and think it is pretty fun area especially if you wanna go to Lake Pleasant to kill some time.

Please keep this updated of exact locations, thanks alot.

what cb channel and what time do you want to meet on sat the 27th at the florence junction area?
How about 8:00 AM and cb channel 15?

If that's not ok let me know. If I don't hear anything then we'll leave it at that.

well, unfortunatley i'm gonna have to back out of this run. some family matters came up so those come first.

man i had a good time on last years run, was really looking forward to doing it again this year.

but the brightside is MOAB is just around the corner and i'll be there again.

have fun everyone......

Bump

I was wheeling last weekend and broke a rear lower shock mount, and on temping it back together, noticed I didn't have the lift I should. Seems my stock springs have finally let me down. I've got <2" of lift in the rear (after SOA and shackles. . .you do the math) Soooo, I called Deaver, and I should have a set of beautiful new leaves for this run. :D

On another note: My Rig will be playing Trailer Queen for this run. Ready for the Anaconda Rick? :D j/k

My auxillary battery finally died in the Ex. It's an Optima and it was in there for 6.5 years! Not too shabby for a battery in Arizona. Normally you're lucky to get 2 or 3 from a regular lead acid.

Alright, everybody ready? 10 days to go. :bounce:

So, Martinez Saturday as a whole group?

All I know is I sure ain't doing Crown King again. 2 years in a row is good enough for me.

Hammer, can we get an address and/or map to your pad? assuming the dinner is going to be there.

I'll be in town Thurs night through Sunday night, so if anyone wants to do something friday, let me know.

Originally posted by Rick
It's an Optima and it was in there for 6.5 years!
Wow, I hope my Optimas last as long as that. Thats great.

I'm off friday so I'm game for something less than crazy.
Martinez is going to be a real challenge for my Ex so I'll go with saturday as my crazy day.

Can we get a rundown of who is coming for sure.
If anyone is set up less than me (4 1/2" W/ 33s rear locker) I don't know about them doing Martinez.
If we need to there are a couple of trails in the area that stockers could handle so we can split up.

32" tires 4" lift first gen with 4.10's and a rear detroit.

I don't "want" dents, but I can live with them.. I just keep the truck dirty so they don't show up :)

I'm up for Sat, and Possibly sunday (I don't know 100% about sunday yet)..

~Mark

You're better off than me since your a first gen.
We'll see about the body damage. I don't really want it either but.......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

33 xterrains,4.75" lift, 4.10s, rear ls, the sport with the short wheelbase, and new rock sliders going on. I dont want major body damage if i can avoid it. Well see how crazy martinez is...:confused:

Ill be there for saturday and sunday runs.

lets wheel...

-joshua:D

Back