Arizona Run March 27-28 2004 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run March 27-28 2004

Bigtig and I are still planning on being there. We already have our reservations. We should be leaving down here after work on fri and getting up there around 9ish... So we will be ready for the run on saturday and then we are gonna drive back on sunday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:bounce: me:bounce: :bounce:

and my family...

Ill have a full truck.

PLEASE don't throw wrenches at me for suggesting it but... anybody want to do broken arrow on sunday??? (starts ducking flying wrenches because of the long drive to the trail..) just a suggestion since no one else has mentioned a trail for sunday.

Yo hammer, you still got my d35 pig?

I need to pick it up sunday afternoon somehow?!?

later
-joshua
:D

Originally posted by goliath
PLEASE don't throw wrenches at me for suggesting it but... anybody want to do broken arrow on sunday??? (starts ducking flying wrenches because of the long drive to the trail..) just a suggestion since no one else has mentioned a trail for sunday.
Dang and I just had a nice greasy wrench in my hands 15 mins ago. :p
That's a LOOONNNG drive. . . I'm planning to drive back to CA Sunday night, so I really don't want to drive 2 hrs back to Phoenix and then 7 hrs home. Of course I don't know that we'll be sticking together as one group so it may not matter.

The Rigs ready to go :thumbsup: Just replaced a squeeling wheel bearing, and wired my locker into my switch panel, since it used to just be a dangling switch. (OK, its not completely ready. . .still waiting on some leaf springs)

I wanna WHEEL! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have an open seat again. Dannyboy just called and he thought everyone was in town this weekend, not next :D

ducks flying wrenches...

just got my rock sliders made. they look mean!

gotta paint, and clearance the body and...

so much to do in 5 days...

-joshua:D

OOPs,
This is the second Serious Explorations run that is conflicting with an Arizona Boat show. This time it's on the water at Lake Pleasant.

Rick you need to check my calendar at www.surfsideboats.com and see everything that I have going on before you plan another run LOL.

The truck would potentially ready to crawl by next weekend too! It's up to 90 here and it's already hard to work on this thing. Time for an air conditioned garage for my next mod!

Rick,
I will takes Chars seat. Could you lower it 6 inches and put it back about 8.

Goliath,
I have it ready to go. FST was going to try and make the skid plate. I will make sure I get that back.
We can work something out. I can give it to you Saturday after the runs.

Rick brought up a good suggestion. There are not that many people going this weekend so having a big todo at my home wont be that cool.
It was suggested earlier that dinner at a local resteraunt would be cool. What if we found someplace near the Pavillions so we could take in the car show after dinner.

My .02cents

It was suggested earlier that dinner at a local resteraunt would be cool. What if we found someplace near the Pavillions so we could take in the car show after dinner.
I'm game for that.
I don't remember any good places up there. What do you suggest?

That works for me too.

Do we have a list of confirmed people who are coming?

that works for me to:D

-lets wheel

-joshua:burnout:

Me---assuming the a4ld gods smile on me.. Lockup wasn't working this morning..

In 2 hours I'll pull the pan and check that solenoid.. This time I know its not the wire to the solenoid (outside the tranny)

As soon as I know its bad or good.. I'll post an update

It better not be anything bad.. The tranny only has 15k miles on it since the last rebuild.. and I got every upgrade I could afford (and then some)...

~Mark

Dinner at a restaraunt is cool with me.

Cross-referencing the people signed up vs. the people who have responded recently, it looks like everyones a go, plus a rider. :bounce:

And for those too lazy to look:
Rick
Jefe
KSpride
goliath
Hammer (riding)
offroadkc
bigtigexplorer
Maniak

Or we could count us all this way: Six :) AZ guys and two :cool: CA dudes. :D

EDIT: BTW, :thumbsup: :thumbsup: go out to Deaver, who designed a custom set of springs, built them, and are shipping them out exactly a week after ordering them. They'll be here tomm, and I'll wrench all night to get them on and the one shock fixed. Then load up and head out there Thurs. :D

Well I've got some new shoes for the Pumpkin. I picked up a set of 36x13.50-15 Swamper IROKS. I hope they work well:D They have had good reviews by many people whose opinions I trust, but I've never actually seen them in action.

Mounted, the tires stand as tall as the 37" Goodyear tires on FST's Trophy truck. It looks like I should have enough clearance after trimming a bit more material from all four wheel openings. We flexed it with the fork lift, but that doesn't really simulate real world driving.

No pics yet. I promise to have some tomorrow :D And of course you'll see them in person this weekend!

Who's going to be here friday and wants to do something?

KSpride and I will be there Friday, but not until 8 or 9 pm

Originally posted by offroadkc
Who's going to be here friday and wants to do something?

How about the Bartlett Lake trail that we did last year. FR41 or whatever number that is...

Jefe is going to be staying in Mesa so you could give him directions from that end of town and I'll come in from the North.

On Saturday morning it's more realistic for me to get out to the trail head by 8:30am.

Mark, I hope you can get it together in time for the run. Good luck with the project.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just so that I've got the details right:

Saturday 27th meet at the florence area just south of the railroad tracks on Price road around 8:30am to leave as a group out to the trail(s)?

Meeting spot is roughly at N33.06056 W111.37875

Back