Arizona Run, Spring 2003 Photos! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arizona Run, Spring 2003 Photos!

That's the turbo. He was on his way to get it when he called. He needed directions back to the trail head.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All in- All out:nono:

everyone was under the impression that he had it worked out. I towed it back to the trailhead and he said he was getting someone to tow it later that day or sunday morning. I did my deed in getting it out of where it was

THUNDERHORSE

Does anyone know if Jerry "THUNDERHORSE" made it out on this run? He drove out from Corona, CA and has a Red and Silver Explorer - 1991 model year.

-Ken

Yep, Jerry was here. I saw him Saturday night.

Well the deal with the turbo Ex was a interesting one, I had agreed to try to help him, by using my trailer and truck, but he left after they got his truck to the trailhead, in his girlfriends car. So I had a truck with trailer and 2 explorers to get to town with only one driver, so we figured on picking it up the next day. THen after our LONG day Sunday we tried calling him quite a few times to no avail. It was after 10:00 when we gave up contacting him, and myself, Kevin, and Robb gave up our rescue mission. I gave Kevin the keys, and he was going to reach him Monday morning. I am sorry, I did not want to leave his truck there, but after he bailed on it, I had no help and kinda gave up myself.

On another note has anyone heard from Msupertek?????? he lost his front tranny seal, and had made it past our staging point and into town, he was looking at buying a new truck to haul his Ex back home!

I must say WOW what a weekend, I very long yet short one, that was a lot of fun yet Sucked! I will explain more later, must go to work!

Rick,

What happened to Michael B? Did he run into some trouble?

I enjoyed the pictures, can't wait until I can get out there and get dirty with you guys again.

Rod

Talk about bad luck!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. Well Rick the good thing is I made it all the way back to Texas and it only took 16 qts of Transmision fluid, oh and I could only go to gas stations on top of hills because first and second gear are practically inop and I had to roll down hill to catch speed so the tranny would shift in to thrid gear. Overdrive works great though, LOL! Tomarrow I will begin pulling out my Transmission to overhaul it, and I will pick up a new set of hubs from 4Wheel Wholesale (under warranty the one I busted up). I also purchased a F-150 Fx4 as soon as I got back with the towing package. Next week I will purchase a trailer after I get paid, and next time I come down I will bring plenty of extra parts, and will have no fear of my truck breaking down. I can just tow it back home. I have made a lot of plans for my X, so the next AZ run I go to there will be no stopping me. Had a great time even though problems existed, all of ya'll are great people and I look forward to seeing you again. :D

Michael, I'm glad you made it home ok. We were getting worried about you! Getting the tow rig and trailer sounds like a great plan. Hope to see you again soon!

Well there you go, break it on the trail, no problem! Buy a tow rig!!! Geeze.....I need a new job or hit the powerball.........

Re: Talk about bad luck!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Msupertek
. . .Well Rick the good thing is I made it all the way back to Texas and it only took 16 qts of Transmision fluid. . .
So thats about a qt an hour?

Glad to hear you made it home.

he sucked in lots of water and hyrolocked the motor...I think sean posted a picture of it

well i finally got a chance to post
man what a wonderful weekend, but man it was gone way to fast. I really enjoyed meeting everyone. with out the great spotters I probably wouldn't have made some of those obsticals on crown king.
can't wait till the next big run
thanks to Rick and Char for having me and my family over on saturday night and for putting this run together.
glad everyone made it home okay
anyone every in Albuquerque New Mexico let me know we'll get together.
here are some picture that I took

(dead link)

Marshall, get your photos back yet??

I got them laast night but I am leaving to go to Denver after lunch next half hour or so, I will post them as soon as I get back thursday night!

Originally posted by Dust
what kinda job you looking for? in the shop?

Yea, I'd like to get into a shop. Rick told me where ya work, I dunno if I could handle that drive in traffic on a daily basis though. Probably has to be 50 miles to get to your end of town, but if ya know of anything, I'd still appreciate if ya let me know. I'd check it out.

& I'll probably give him a call here soon Hammer.

Sorry I disappeared for a few days, had a bit of a family emergency.

Sorry to take so long..

some big videos:

Rick doing the waterfall on Judgement Day (Dead Link Removed, Dead Link Removed)

Matt (AZFord4x4), doing the waterfall on Judgement Day (Dead Link Removed, Dead Link Removed)

I've got one more to upload.. I'll be editing this as I get them online; and more as I edit the tape, I hope..

Tom, that first link has misspelling in it.
I think it should be - Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

D@m#. That's impressive!

Back