?Arizona Runs?

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
Where are all the Arizona Runs? My explorer is ready to go, and I need to run her. The tepms are getting lower now, and Its a perfect time to go. Let me know if anyone is putting something together, or if I have to put something together. If it were up to me, I'd just head out to Reddington Pass, and have a day of it.

Later,

Andy:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The season is definately back for wheelin' in AZ. I have been wanting to do a run in Tucson for a long time. Let's get something together.

suscribing to see where this goes

Andy- I'm assuming you got your detroit in? I wish I can get my project together soon so we can run charleau gap.

I'm ready again too!!! My X has kinda been on life support lately, but now I'm ready to wheel. I've been doing a bunch of night wheeling on the East side of the Phx valley, but would go down to Tucson. Anyone want to go Sunday? I'm flying over to pick up my new tow rig tomorrow morning, A powerstroke Excursion on 37's!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by -=DaemoN=-
Andy- I'm assuming you got your detroit in? I wish I can get my project together soon so we can run charleau gap.

No, it's an ARB in the rear and a lockrite in the front, w/4.56's.

where is Charleau gap?? Is it better than Reddington?

Anyway, this is what I would like to do, I would like, on Halloween weekend, on Saturday to go to Reddington pass and shoot the falls. I know its kinda far, but it is the only place I know to go here in Tucson. If anyone would like to submit an alternate, maybe something a little more challenging, that would be awesome. I hope we will see quite a few Explorers out there. That would be sweet. Maybe some Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuka guys too.

Let me know what all you think about these plans.

Later,

Andy

Originally posted by Blaine122300
No, it's an ARB in the rear and a lockrite in the front, w/4.56's.

where is Charleau gap?? Is it better than Reddington?

That's right, an ARB.

Charleau is north east of Tucson, not a far drive. I haven't been there myself but the guys from wheelingarizona.com seems to like the trail.

Lemme know what you all come up with. I am game for just about anything.. I'll talk to bigtig also...Unfortunately we are losing miguel down here in Sierra Vista. He is getting out of the Army and is outprocessing to head back east as we speak.

I was looking at Charleau gap, and the reveiws sound awesome. Saw some pics too, and it looks challenging to all. Would like to hit this trail. As of right now, I will plan on Charleau gap, unless something really changes my mind.

So, how many can make it? Rick, Dannyboy?
KSpride, sounds like you are in, huh?
4 trucks sounds like a good start. I think -=Daemon=- is still working on his SAS, right?
I guess we can meet at the trail head at around 11am, and have some fun.
Here is a link http://www.mtbreview.com/trails/Arizona/CharleauGap.html

It is a mountain bike review, so when they say challenging, they mean for the 2 wheel kinda people

Hope to see everyone there!!

Andy

Well, I drove out to Charleau Gap today. Looks really cool. You can park your tow rig at the trail head. There is a Moble Gas station/Subway at the corner on Oracle (HWY 77) before you turn down Golder whatever road. I figure we can meet at that gas station and all head to the trail head together.
The meeting time will probably have to be a little earlier, like at 0900-0930. Its an all day run if you go to Oracle (which we won't) but I guess its like 6 miles to the "Gap". This should give us plenty of time to do what ever fun stuff we want.

I need to know who will be there for sure, cause I don't want to go alone.
If this is too early in the day for people, let me know.
PM me or reply right here.

Later,

Andy

What day are you looking at?

Originally posted by Blaine122300
On Halloween weekend, on Saturday

I guess this would be November 1st.

Make sure to bring your costumes and candy!!

(I can't have any, I'm diabetic:( )

I can do Sunday. So, dannyboy, if everyone agrees on Sunday, you are a 100%?

Rick, are you still in?

Kspride, how about you?

So, I guess we have 2 then? (myself and dannyboy)

The more the merrier!!

Lemme check with bigtig. He does not have internet right now. But I dont see it being a problem. I wont be able to give you a final answer until later in the week...

Just wondering if anyone else is planning to make it on Sunday?

Can't Wait!!

if y'all go on sunday, i'd like to come out and meet some of ya. obviously i wont be attempting the trail, but I'll come out for a little while nonetheless to say hello.

Drats! I can't make it. I have a friend coming in from Chicago on Sunday. We do the SEMA show every year.

I made it back from Moab in one piece (knock wood) so at least we're up and running for the next one!

OK, Rick is out.
Who's in?
Me for sure!

Who else?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm starting to think I am going by myself.

RICK:
Are there going to be any runs up in the PHX area the weekend after Thanksgiving? I will be up there visiting my dad for the holliday, and if anything is going on, I will drive the explorer up instead of the Accord.
Let me know.

Andy

Back