Arming/Disarming the alarm......how to disable the horn "chirp"? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Arming/Disarming the alarm......how to disable the horn "chirp"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Stu, don't know if you figured it out or not. I see your link showed something about the internal programing. I found the instructions for the aftermarket Ford alarm (VSS-600 Plus) that we installed in my son's Ex. It also has the internal switches. I have attached the switch instructions for this model. Don't know if it will work for yours. Keep up posted if your fix it and what you did.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 2,693

hit the horns with a BFH and that'll shut em up. unplugging them also works but doesnt get the fr:rolleyes:antic screams from the wife who inevitably will be watching.

Thanks Don. Right now I just lock/unlock the drivers side door w/o the chirp. I can live with that for the time being. After Christmas and the dust settles I will continue with my quest.

Thanks again.

Another question for another thread....but...I park my truck on an incline in my driveway rear end up and when I have less than a quarter tank the truck turns over but does not start. I haven't looked to see where the fuel line pickup is.....have you had this problem?

Another question for another thread....but...I park my truck on an incline in my driveway rear end up and when I have less than a quarter tank the truck turns over but does not start. I haven't looked to see where the fuel line pickup is.....have you had this problem?

I have not, However I did read a thread in the past month about someone who has a similar issue and found after he replaced the fuel pump that his fuel pump intake tube was cracked and missing the filter screen. You should do a search for that thread.

On a note back to your alarm issue, I took the lower part of my dash off and looked at the alarm. It was not a ford alarm but and audiovox prusuit model. Found interseting that it works with the Ford remotes and is somehow tied into the factory keyless entry. Looked at my F350 and son's Ex and they are both Ford secruity systems however are both different. All three of them have the black over ride/ programing buttons. Both my son's Ex and my F350 are WELL hidden under the dash. I also discovered that my F350 has one of those removable chips hidden well up under the dash.

So I guess that it is a crap shoot as to what alarm you get and who put it in (Dealer of other aftermarket, ect.) and how it was programed.

I have always had that problem with my '97 XLT, I can't recall but I read something about this...Ford put out a bulletin about the problem, IIRC.

Any of you know how to correctly identify which alarm system is installed in the vehicle?

I have no chirps, light flashes, or auto door locks. Horn spastic mode works, and the red anti-theft light blinks when activated, but thats about it. The starter cutoff prolly works when it is activated. If I depress the unlock button on the key fob too many times it triggers the alarm & horn like the panic button does. Not sure if that is supposed to do that or not.

I would like to find that switch module and have a look see to the settings of it. Just have to find it.

I'm trying to disable the honk on my ex...found an audiovox motion sensor under the dash. Mine uses the factory remote. Any step by step instructions for audiovox??

Dealer installed systems are Code Alarm (By Audiovox) you will need to find the module and get the model number so that you can download the manual.
On my blue one, I have the "Gold system" includes remote start and uses a different FOB, on white one, I have system 3 or 4 can't remember, does not have remote start and uses original FOB

Is there a common place that the module is hidden?

Since it is an aftermarket system, it will be hidden on the preffered spot of the installer but most likely under the steering column,
instalation instructions that come with the system state that. On mine you can take the cover off and you can see them, not sure how safe this is tho'

hi? how do i start a thread?

i need to know how to convert a 4wd explorer sport to a 2wd.
what do i do? what do i need. please help. also... is it the same for a 4door?

Basically i have an explorer 4door 4wd automatic 4.0 sohc and what i want is a sport 2wd manual trans 4.0 sohc w/ a good rear end that wont fry if you do a burnout.

i can buy a sport but im not finding a 2wd manual 4.0 sohc. its hard 2 find all of that together.
so what do i really need? can i get a sport 4x4 manual trans 4.0 sohc and just pull out the 4x4?

HELP!!!!!

i might spend 8 grand on that 4.3 stroker too. but i need 2 kno what the costs of other things will be such as 4x4 to 2wd cost, strong rear end 3.73 or 4.10. what explorer sport can i buy to make this happen?

Behind the knee bolster?

Behind the knee bolster?

Yup, on mine, the module is zip tied to the steering column, it was on top, a bit hidden, but I turned it in order to see the model

I have been de-chirped!!! :thumbsup::):thumbsup: model: pro2032akd

ELIMINATING THE ARM / DISARM CHIRPS :
The normal arming and disarming confirmation chirps can easily be turned off using
the valet pushbutton switch. To do this;
1. Turn the ignition key on and then off.
2. Within 10 seconds of turning the ignition key off, press and release the valet
switch 3 times.
3a. If, before proceeding with step 1, the chirps were on, then you will hear 2 chirps
to indicate that the chirps have been turned off.
b. If, before proceeding with step 1, the chirps were off, then you will hear 1 chirp
to indicate that the chirps have been turned on.
4. If the unit emits 2 chirps, regardless of your action based on the above
instructions, the chirps have been eliminated in the units feature selections by
your installing dealer. Please consult with them on allowing access to this
feature.
NOTE: Whenever the Arm/Disarm chirps are by-passed, the 3 chirp defective
zone and the 4 chirp intrusion indicator will always operate. This feature
will always warn you if a door was left ajar when arming, or the vehicle
was tampered with in your absence.

No more honking/chirping!!!

I know i was driving my neighbor crazy every morning with my honking explorer. His bedroom window is next to my driveway :(
I'm now honk free. Thanks jad2411!!

Cool! glad to know it helped :thumbsup:

Heres a pic of the module that was behind the knee bolster...

Attachments

• module.jpg
    module.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 3,040

Back