ASSES | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

ASSES

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Why do people have to be such asses?? I was just coming home from working on my mom's Heep, I stopped at the railroad crossing and waited as the train passed, on my side of the tracks there is a off ramp form the highway that intersects the road I am on. I am checking out this new black H2 comming down the ramp as the train clears, I start going forward and oncoming traffic from the other side starts moving, well this A$$hole decides he doesn't have to wait for traffic, so he runs the stop sign cutting off an older lady and damn near hitting me in the heep. So I proceeded to tell him thru sign language that he was #1! and he looks at me then LOCKS up his brakes in an attempt to make me rearend him, well I saw it coming, but the lady behind didn't she stopped just short of my rear bumper, so know I am really pissed I told the guy off and then he flipped me off and started hollering about pull that piece of $hit heep over and I'll kick you A$$. Well I am still on probation since my last little run in with an idiot so I just flew around him and came home. I guess I should have reported his sorry ass, but too late know!

My main question, why do some people with money thank they are better than others??? and not have to abide by the laws?????

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Byrd91

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Penobscot, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Thats a good question....my opinion is that they grew up in an environment (society and home) that gave them the perception that it was alright. Same thing with the rich snobby kids in highschool only on an bigger level. Some people just never grow up.

Thorny

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, GA/ Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
Guys like that are the reason why I keep my ol' trusty blackjack under the driver's seat. ;)

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
once you were in front of him, you should have got up to speed, then slammed the heep down into a lower gear. maybe that bum wouldve have rearended you then. this is a favorite trick of my father, who has had one idiot hit him after my pops got so torqued off about the other guy tailgating. no fault for my dad, and he got a new truck out of the deal.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Originally posted by burnin_up
once you were in front of him, you should have got up to speed, then slammed the heep down into a lower gear. maybe that bum wouldve have rearended you then. this is a favorite trick of my father, who has had one idiot hit him after my pops got so torqued off about the other guy tailgating. no fault for my dad, and he got a new truck out of the deal.

And how would you feel if your Father ended up in a wheelchair from that childish move?

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
hey, you win some, you lose some. i bet that guy never tailgated and put anyone else in danger again though.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD
woo.. down shift so they dont see you breaking.. never thought of that.. good idea! =P

Thorny

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, GA/ Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
Ain't worth messing up your vehicle just because you are mad.

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Aviator 93Sport 99 PSD
Originally posted by offroader_69_me

My main question, why do some people with money thank they are better than others??? and not have to abide by the laws?????

It's not even people with money, it's more of a case of having to feel more important than others. Otherwise someone may catch on to their secret that they are still the same losers that most people called them their whole life. :D So they have to "win" against every "enemy" be it on the road, at home, at work, on internet... Plus the anonymity of being in an automobile is an instant ball grower for a lot of people. LOL

People like that always seem to be in a hurry to get nowhere special, but in their eyes their time is soooo much more important, therefore they can bypass the rules! Funny thing is, usually later down the road at the next light or exit, you catch up to 'em anyway no matter how idiotically fast they were swerving in and around people. :rolleyes:

This is what I tell myself anyway, when I want to hop out of the Quest and lay the smack down-- my big bad self. :cool: Feel better Marshall. :)

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
hey, you win some, you lose some. i bet that guy never tailgated and put anyone else in danger again though.

are you kidding me? you would put yourself in harms way just to try to teach some a**hole a lesson? you cant be serious? thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. risking your own safety and ruining your vehicle because youre pissed off for 2 seconds. have you ever been rearended? i was in september, and its something i NEVER want to go through again.

heres another one to look out for: jeep grand cherokees. im not saying this just because theyre jeeps, but because "stereotypically" when you see a grand cherokee, its usually being driven like the driver thinks they own the road and the rules/laws dont apply to them.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
Originally posted by Maranda

People like that always seem to be in a hurry to get nowhere special, but in their eyes their time is soooo much more important, therefore they can bypass the rules! Funny thing is, usually later down the road at the next light or exit, you catch up to 'em anyway no matter how idiotically fast they were swerving in and around people. :rolleyes:

its funny you put it like that; you ever see the movie, "changing lanes?" perfect example of what you said, maranda. what goes around, comes around.

Maranda

Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Aviator 93Sport 99 PSD
Originally posted by tbomb
its funny you put it like that; you ever see the movie, "changing lanes?" perfect example of what you said, maranda. what goes around, comes around.

We've wanted to rent that movie but haven't yet. Next date night, that's what we're getting! I need a good example of what goes around comes around to make me feel better about ASSES. LOL

My old quote was from a Puddle of Mudd song: Karma comes around two times.. So you'd better be good... :) But sometimes it sure would feel good to help give Karma a little push (or rear end). :D

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
i dont feel exactly safe when someone is riding my bumper, so if slow 'er down and the driver backs off, i think it was well worth it. its not like im slamming on my brakes going from 60-0 in 2 seconds. downshifting one gear at speed slows me down about 10 mph at most. if the thought of this scares you, and you dont think you could get out of their way, dont do it. i personally dont like someone riding my bumper. the opposite would be to speed up, and if theyre 'drafting', they are probably just going to speed up and stay right there. i could pull off to the side of the road, but im just to stubborn and the whole testosterone thing gets in the way.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
i but im just to stubborn and the whole testosterone thing gets in the way.

Just don't let it put you in the hospital or worse yet in the ground.

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
i dont feel exactly safe when someone is riding my bumper, so if slow 'er down and the driver backs off, i think it was well worth it. its not like im slamming on my brakes going from 60-0 in 2 seconds. downshifting one gear at speed slows me down about 10 mph at most. if the thought of this scares you, and you dont think you could get out of their way, dont do it. i personally dont like someone riding my bumper. the opposite would be to speed up, and if theyre 'drafting', they are probably just going to speed up and stay right there. i could pull off to the side of the road, but im just to stubborn and the whole testosterone thing gets in the way.

im still having trouble understanding how when someone is riding your tail at 70 mph, and you downshift to slow down quickly, youll feel safer. in a situation like that, you have a lot of options, and the one you like to say is your option of choice is pretty much the most dangerous.

my point is that there are A LOT of bad drivers out there, and since the introduction of the cell phone as a necessity into society, people pay even less attention to the road, which means, if you slow down by as little as 10 mph in a short enough period of time, youre getting hit. i believe your original words were:

"once you were in front of him, you should have got up to speed, then slammed the heep down into a lower gear. maybe that bum wouldve have rearended you then."

which is implying that once that guy rearends you, he will have learned his lesson and he wont do it again.

you can do what you want, and you can think what you want, but its a mentality like that that is not making the roads any safer.

besides, you pull a stunt like that around here, youll probably get a gun pulled on you. (new yorkers in traffic are not the type of people to f*ck with.)

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
Originally posted by tbomb
besides, you pull a stunt like that around here, youll probably get a gun pulled on you. (new yorkers in traffic are not the type of people to f*ck with.)

wow. with gun pulling drivers where you live, im thinking maybe my hideous driving should be of little concern to you.

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
<<=== :) :confused:

Yeah, oh what an adventure to drive in NY.

I have to admit I've sped around quite a few people and slammed the brakes on them...particularly when they're screwing you on purpose, and poeple DO screw you intentionally more often than not. It's either that or they just don't belong behind the wheel of a 4000lb. weapon.

One time going over the Queensboro bridge I was coming up in the left lane behind a van and the idiot in the right lane that I just passed sped up just enough so I couldn't change lanes to keep going...she did it on purpose. I got barely enough of a whole and dicked her down severely! At the other end of the bridge she comes flying up and does a 90 degree lane change in front of me. My next move was to jump around on her side and squeeze her right into the wall. Not that I made her hit it, but if she insisted I was gonna do one side of her car and let the wall do the other.

Anyway, she opened her window and asked me if I was trying to kill her...I simply answered you get what you give...payback for that ******* 90 degree cut off and trying to run me into the van.

She had Virginia plates. I thought you southerners were nice people ;) j/k...

I think the issue is that some people get out and get in their cars and foroget they're driving on the road with other people that are trying to get someplace.

When you're caught on the road with a bunch of idiots out sightseeing and you're trying to get somewhere it's not a good feeling. If it were one person driving like and idiot OK, but when it takes more than 1 hour to get from Brooklyn to Manhattan that's a sad joke because it's not a far drive.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
i would slam on my brakes to make some jerk rearend me.... its always funny to watch their reactions, especially when you jump out of the car all civilized wearing your fire dept stuff.... people are such idiots..... and i am damn glad i am here to school these asses... i dont think they are really asses, i just think that they have a little insecurity problem and they are driving like that as compensation for a problem.... i do drive a big truck, but iknow i am nnot compensating for anything.....

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I've driven for over 40 years, and I can tell you, I have met my share of idiot assholes on the road. The worst thing you can POSSIBLY do is sink to their level. Two wrongs don't make a right. Letting your "testosterone level" (a cowardly, idiotic excuse by the way) get in the way of making the SAFE decision in a situation makes you no better than the idiot tailgating you.

That makes you just as much a part of the problem as he is.

I'm a fast driver, I'm always in the fast lane, I'm always in a hurry, and sometimes sure I come up behind someone and they're going too slow, so I flash to ask them to pass. One thing I see people do all the time though is flash, then keep on flashing while the lane next to them is clear. If I flash, and they don't get the hint, then I go ahead and pass and go on with my day. I've seen people just sit there, they'd rather go slow behind someone then move over and go ahead on the speed they want to go. This is just stupid, and these people are terrible drivers.

Driving is an excercise in many different disciplines, its an exercise of acuity, response time, experience, but most of all, its an excercise in judgement. If you think "slamming on your brakes and making the ******* run into you" is a correct way to deal with a situation like that, then you have failed that excercise, and you should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. Let alone something as potentially deadly as an Explorer.

What do I do if I am being tailgated, as I said I'm a fast driver so it doesnt happen often, but I tap my brake lights, the universal sign that I'd like some space, then I tap my emergency flashers (one of these almost always works) if those don't work, then I pull over and let the guy pass. I mean really, does this make me less of a man? No, I think it makes me more of a man than someone who would pull a stunt like you are suggesting.

Not to mention, if you were to succeed and the guy hit you, all he'd have to do is sue and request accident investigation, or if there were witnesses you'd be beyond screwed.

I apologize if I've come across harshly, but I've been driving for too long and I've seen too much carnage to have much paitience when it comes to these matters.

Leave your cock at home or don't drive. Its that simple.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Originally posted by jimabena74
i would slam on my brakes to make some jerk rearend me.... its always funny to watch their reactions.....

Wasn't you that posted about not having insurance ansd a license?