ASSES | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

ASSES

Thorny

Reaction score
City, State
Stone Mountain, GA/ Athens, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT
Originally posted by Stephen
Leave your cock at home or don't drive. Its that simple. [/B]

Uh, that doesn't sound simple. Kinda hard to take it off....

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD

I'm a fast driver, I'm always in the fast lane, I'm always in a hurry, and sometimes sure I come up behind someone and they're going too slow, so I flash to ask them to pass. One thing I see people do all the time though is flash, then keep on flashing while the lane next to them is clear. If I flash, and they don't get the hint, then I go ahead and pass and go on with my day. I've seen people just sit there, they'd rather go slow behind someone then move over and go ahead on the speed they want to go. This is just stupid, and these people are terrible drivers.

your wrong there.. if your in the fast lane *YOU* should move if there is moone in the center or right hand lane. the left lane if for passing thats IT! if there is noone next to you move the hell over.. why should i have to go around some ******* in the left lane doing 50 ? i should'nt. what pisses me off are the people that cut accross all lanes as soon as they get on the parkway to get into the left hand lane. im sorry but if your in the left hand lane and there is noone next to you. MOVE over. dont sit there. and if im comming up behind you faster then you are you move. i should not have to change lanes to get around you.

Mike

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I think you're more used to the way traffic flows in NY and NJ (it is different). The instance that I was talking about is when traffic in each successive lane is moving faster than traffic in the lane before it. This happens a lot around here, there is very little "keep right except to pass" around here. I do agree that one should never ride in the leftmost lane if the right lane is open. What you see a lot of times is someone will stray over to the left lane and go the same speed as the traffic in the lane to the right, creating a backup and causing drivers to saddle up right behind. In an instance like this, I ask the driver to move to the right, because I was operating in the left lane because my speed was faster than that in the right lane. My point was, most people just stay on the person, I find my own way around.

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
:)

Of course driving like an ass doesn't solve the problem, but it does in some cases wake people up to the fact that they're not the only one on the road and if they want to get where they're going in one piece- maybe just maybe they should wake up and drive.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I may have missed the point of your post Mike, I think I have it now.

Your point is, "he shouldnt be in the left lane, so I'm going to sit here and flash at him, and tailgate him until I make him move, because thats where he should be"

My response is, why? Why not just move right, and go on with your day? Why get right on his ass and create a dangerous and stressful situation? This is a type of agressive driving called "vigilantism" and it is illegal.

Why is it your responsibility to stay on the guy and enforce the traffic laws? That isn't your concern, you aren't a police officer. With all due respect, you're just making the situation worse.

I also should point out, that in most states, it is not a law that you must keep right except to pass, so he has every right to be there if he wants to be.

Why is it so hard to just move over and go by? Why must you stay there to prove a point.

Is that point worth dying for?

These are all questions you need to answer for yourself.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by cdsl227
:)

Of course driving like an ass doesn't solve the problem, but it does in some cases wake people up to the fact that they're not the only one on the road and if they want to get where they're going in one piece- maybe just maybe they should wake up and drive.

No it doesn't. They'll drive like they've always driven regardless.

This is classic American arrogance at work here, he doesn't care anough about you or what you do to even remember 24 hours later.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD
I do find my own way around. but i also (being from NY) find if you tail somone and they hit there brakes and you get right back on there ass they will move over. Ya im from NY and we drive like noone else in the US. if you have not driven in NY you dont know what i mean. NY gives a whole new meaning to the work road rage. i once was driving on the parkway and a bunch of punks in a tbird were tail gating me so i hit my brakes. the went around me and started doing it to me. and bad.. we were doing 75 and they would lock the tires. so i went around them. and would not let them pass me i was all over the road to not let them pass. yes that was wrong. but you know what. i was in front. i had the upper hand. they hit me its not my falt. anyway im blabin here. whati was saying is NY drivers have there own way of driving. and i dont care what ANYONE says NJ drivers can not drive!!!!!!!!!!

mike

brokenman

Reaction score
City, State
Mesa, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 F-150, '93 Explorer
Yeah, the left lane on the freeway is accepted as the lane for the fastest drivers. If someone comes up behind you going faster, it is generally considered good manners to move to the right lane, let him[me] pass and then get back in and go on your merry way.

Also, for tailgaters. My favorite was when you're sitting at an intersection and the fool is behind you..... throw it in reverse.... scares the crap out of 'em and they'll throw a fit and every time with me they've backed off the rest of the way.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD
I may have missed the point of your post Mike, I think I have it now.

Your point is, "he shouldnt be in the left lane, so I'm going to sit here and flash at him, and tailgate him until I make him move, because thats where he should be"

My response is, why? Why not just move right, and go on with your day? Why get right on his ass and create a dangerous and stressful situation? This is a type of agressive driving called "vigilantism" and it is illegal.

Why is it your responsibility to stay on the guy and enforce the traffic laws? That isn't your concern, you aren't a police officer. With all due respect, you're just making the situation worse.

I also should point out, that in most states, it is not a law that you must keep right except to pass, so he has every right to be there if he wants to be.

Why is it so hard to just move over and go by? Why must you stay there to prove a point.

Is that point worth dying for?

These are all questions you need to answer for yourself.

#1 left lane in NY is the "passing lane" it is law.
#2 how would i die if i got rear ended?

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Mike, but what was the point of that, really? What if you had been killed in a terrible accident? Have you ever been in a car accident at 75 MPH? I have, and I was lucky to survive.

All I have to ask is why, why did you put yourself in harms way like that? What if they had a gun? I don't know about you, but my life means too much to me to risk it for nothing like that. Risking your life to "teach some young punks" a lesson, when they just drove off laughing at you anyways.

Brokenman, but if someone is rude to you in a restaurant do you drop kick them, put a knife to their throught and say "You better know how it works"? That would be stupid, and its stupid to react in such a way when someone on the road forgets their manners. Just ignore them and go on with yoiur day.

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
Originally posted by Mikke
I do find my own way around. but i also (being from NY) find if you tail somone and they hit there brakes and you get right back on there ass they will move over. Ya im from NY and we drive like noone else in the US. if you have not driven in NY you dont know what i mean. NY gives a whole new meaning to the work road rage. i once was driving on the parkway and a bunch of punks in a tbird were tail gating me so i hit my brakes. the went around me and started doing it to me. and bad.. we were doing 75 and they would lock the tires. so i went around them. and would not let them pass me i was all over the road to not let them pass. yes that was wrong. but you know what. i was in front. i had the upper hand. they hit me its not my falt. anyway im blabin here. whati was saying is NY drivers have there own way of driving. and i dont care what ANYONE says NJ drivers can not drive!!!!!!!!!!

mike

It's all too true that NY drivers have their own way of driving bred from idiots that shouldn't be driving in most cases...

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
Letting your "testosterone level" (a cowardly, idiotic excuse by the way) get in the way of making the SAFE decision in a situation makes you no better than the idiot tailgating you.

and you should not be allowed to operate a motor vehicle. Let alone something as potentially deadly as an Explorer.

This was not an attempt at making an excuse, this was apparently a weak attempt at humor towards my posts that have been taken out of context at times. As far as being a coward, Ive been a few places and done a few things in my days that prove this absolutely false. Call 'em as you see it though, Im always up for a good pissing match.

As for not driving, maybe they should take away the 20+ liscenses on various fire trucks, some of which weigh upwards of 35 tons. Come tailgate me in that. I wont even notice you hit me.

Ive definitely made an ass out of myself with this post, but Im pretty wrenched right now. Ill regret it in the morning, Im sure. But if it keeps the intensity of these posts up, then that what keeps me coming back to this board. I like that I can post my hardheaded, needlebrained posts here, recieve honest feedback about them, and have someone to argue with. This site gets better everyday for me.

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
BTW, I WILL ALWAYS BE RIGHT.

Thats what makes me an American.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
#1 left lane in NY is the "passing lane" it is law.
#2 how would i die if i got rear ended?

I know its the law in NJ, didnt know about NY. Even if it is the law, it is against the law for YOU to enforce it through aggressive driving. Don't do that in NJ, because you'll lose your license and have your truck impounded on the spot. NJ troopers take no shit.

You see some guy fly down the road at 90, do you hit 90 and go get him? Some people do. You'd think someone who did that is pretty dumb huh? That is vigilantism, and in the eyes of the law, what you do is exactly the same. What if those actions kill someone, thats manslaughter?

Is it worth it? REALLY?

As for how can you die, plenty of ways! Are you kidding? Whiplash, he could hit you wrong and cause you to spin out and flip, you can harm other innocent motorists.

Come on, THINK about it!

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD

All I have to ask is why, why did you put yourself in harms way like that? What if they had a gun? I don't know about you, but my life means too much to me to risk it for nothing like that. Risking your life to "teach some young punks" a lesson, when they just drove off laughing at you anyways.

your missing my point in my story. they were not going to just drive off.. they were trying to run me off the road. so we could fight. im sorry but im not fighting 6 guys in 1 car vs me. my point was i was in front. i had the upper hand. how could they harm me in back of me? and what if they had a gun? i would rather take my chances with them shooting with me moving them me on the side of the road.

Mike

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Ive definitely made an ass out of myself with this post, but Im pretty wrenched right now. Ill regret it in the morning, Im sure. But if it keeps the intensity of these posts up, then that what keeps me coming back to this board. I like that I can post my hardheaded, needlebrained posts here, recieve honest feedback about them, and have someone to argue with. This site gets better everyday for me.

Thats not the spirit of this board, if you think it is, then this isn't the place for you.

I will allow this discussion to go on as long as it remains civil (which it has). The second it falls beneath that level, its no longer a discussion, but an argument, and its within my rights to lock it, and submit the accounts of those involved for punishment.

This isn't a threat, I just didnt like the tone you put forth.

Your opinions are always welcome here, heardheaded or not, but personal attacks, insults, and the like are not.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
your missing my point in my story. they were not going to just drive off.. they were trying to run me off the road. so we could fight. im sorry but im not fighting 6 guys in 1 car vs me. my point was i was in front. i had the upper hand. how could they harm me in back of me? and what if they had a gun? i would rather take my chances with them shooting with me moving them me on the side of the road.

Mike

Mike, I agree thats a difficult situation, myself personally, I qould have probably hit an exit and gotten off the parkway for a while, if they followed I would have called the cops. Never been in that situation myself though, so I really dont know what I would do.

I apologize that I missed the point.

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
No it doesn't. They'll drive like they've always driven regardless.

This is classic American arrogance at work here, he doesn't care anough about you or what you do to even remember 24 hours later.

Not picking an arguement here, but-

That would be your opinion...

It's definitely not fact, because the same idiots get toyed with by most drivers on the road.

In NY it's something of a Road Warriors Gladiator School of Hard Knocks!

I see some of the same people on the road day-in-day-out...after getting abused a couple of times they learn their place...the right lane!

After running up on them and forcing them back into the lane they jerked you from- they learn to put on their signal...and-

Explorers aren't the only deadly vehicle out here in NY the weapon of choice is the Expedition...

Simple fact is there should be a hand-eye coordination test and a much more difficult road test before issuing a liscense. An intelligence test wouldn't hurt either because then you'd hopefully weed out some idiots!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by burnin_up
As far as being a coward, Ive been a few places and done a few things in my days that prove this absolutely false.

And for the record, I didn't call you a coward, nor would I have ever ventured to do that, I don't even know you. I said blaming something on the fact that one is a man is a cowardly excuse.