ASSES | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

ASSES

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by cdsl227

Simple fact is there should be a hand-eye coordination test and a much more difficult road test before issuing a liscense. An intelligence test wouldn't hurt either because then you'd hopefully weed out some idiots!

This I definately agree with! Its way too easy to get, and to keep a licence in the US.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Lake, NE...Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
Do you not like me? I mean, I thought that I was being very respectable in my last post. As far as the thought about getting honest feedback and arguing with someone, isnt that what happens on most of the threads here? Take for example the politics posts and such. What do you mean by tone? Isnt the point of this board to ask questions, get feedback, correct people if they are wrong (concerning mods and so forth, its kind of hard to correct ones personal opinions about politics, ideals, values, etc.)

If I am way off base, pray tell what is the "true spirit of this board" is. Maybe my view is skewered, and therefore needs to be corrected . Now that I look at it, maybe using the word "argue" didnt express my thought clearly, it was a bad choice of words. Perhaps discussion would have been better. I didnt mean to condone or to egg on fighting between members.

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
No not at all the case, I just wanted to remind you that this isn't a place to pick fights with people, and that these are moderated forums with posting guidelines. I may have misread the tone of your post (which is pretty easy to do online as you know) if this is the case I apologize.

Sharing ideas and discussing them are the very point of this forum, as long as they're none in a civil manner.

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
Originally posted by Stephen
Thats not the spirit of this board, if you think it is, then this isn't the place for you.

I will allow this discussion to go on as long as it remains civil (which it has). The second it falls beneath that level, its no longer a discussion, but an argument, and its within my rights to lock it, and submit the accounts of those involved for punishment.

This isn't a threat, I just didnt like the tone you put forth.

Your opinions are always welcome here, heardheaded or not, but personal attacks, insults, and the like are not.

I'd have to go with burnin_up here...I have really read anything enflamatory here...

And punishment...oooo...you might actually cause someone to get enflamatory...

:D

Whip me, beat me...just don't take my credit cards... :)

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
Originally posted by cdsl227
I'd have to go with burnin_up here...I have really read anything enflamatory here...

And punishment...oooo...you might actually cause someone to get enflamatory...

:D

Whip me, beat me...just don't take my credit cards... :)

Ooppss, I meant HAVEN'T...I think it was the thought of punishment that got me excited!! :D

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Nothing here has ben uncivil or inflammitory, and I said that. I just wanted to make sure it stayed that way. I took burnin_up's statement the wrong way, I apologize.

But this isn't the topic of the thread ;)

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
i think thats were my using of the word "argue" may have put forth that tone. i totally agree with not picking fights, thats why i like this board, because the people are not about that here. i like the debate of it all. Ive been following this post all day, laughing, getting angered, frustrated, then laughing again.

i also like to be civil, but i typed of few things that were off-base. i always try not to swear, and not to personally attack someone. if any of you felt this way from my posts, that was never my intention.

now that that is out of the way, back to the original subject. i dont think money has anything to do with it. ive seen pintos right along with the beemers and such out there that had no idea what they were doing. any thoughts on what actually causes someone to think they own the road?

cdsl227

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT
In NY it's the F*** it I'm insured attitude.

Oh and Stephen thanks I hadn't even realized I was spelling Inflammatory wrong. ;)

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Like my tact there? I didnt say anything, it was hard ;)

We're opening up an office in NYC, and I've hired some salespeople who live in NJ, so I'm up there a lot (leaving Tuesday actually) and I do agree, drivers in NY and NJ are very...unique.

Mike

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
West Babylon, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT v8 AWD
Like my tact there? I didnt say anything, it was hard ;)

We're opening up an office in NYC, and I've hired some salespeople who live in NJ, so I'm up there a lot (leaving Tuesday actually) and I do agree, drivers in NY and NJ are very...unique.

wana hire me?!?!? i could use a job that pays like yours =)

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i don't have any problem with driving 40 mph in a 55 if someone wants to tail gate me (of course if then they decide to pass me they better be able to get to 70 faster than expo5.0, and not many tailgaters can)

Garth

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mt Vernon NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer
I have seen a guy in a H2 cut off everyone going north on the highway, 'cause he wanted to get back at another guy in a Lincoln. I was going 60mph and had to come to a full stop. Good thing I have the tuffest suspension I have ever felt on a X.

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
Originally posted by aldive
Wasn't you that posted about not having insurance ansd a license?

yes, but i had a license when i didnt have insurance..... and now, the license is suspended.... i know i ****ed up before, and it has taken a lot of time for me to realize it, i am still a driver that gets pissed and will overreact to stupid people, but, i dont goof off anymore like hotrodding around and such.... if you could witness how i used to drive, and how i drive now, you would notice a night and day improvement... you never know what you had, till you dont have it anymore.... dont take things for granted.....

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by Mikke
wana hire me?!?!? i could use a job that pays like yours =)

LOL, I didn't hire them for quite that much ;)

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Originally posted by expo5.0
i don't have any problem with driving 40 mph in a 55 if someone wants to tail gate me (of course if then they decide to pass me they better be able to get to 70 faster than expo5.0, and not many tailgaters can)

Have you read anything thats been said in this thread expo? Why do you do that, what purpose does it serve?

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
Have you read anything thats been said in this thread expo? Why do you do that, what purpose does it serve?

sometimes its fun, but I'll agree its always stupid. that also means that i partake in this type of activity also.

burnin_up

Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport 4x4
REVELATION!

Wow, with me downshifting tailgaters, occasionally speeding up so they cant pass me when they want too, and generally being torqued at all the "stupid drivers" out there, i realized that what Im doing probably pisses them off and makes them have a similar argument about me. Funny how I couldnt care less though.

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
yeah i read everything. fact is most of us drive poorly. sometimes its funny, sometimes its dangerous, sometimes its illegal funny and dangerous, never is it possible to argue about it on the internet! if someone is so "american" that they think they have the right to impose their will on another who is breaking the law by breaking the law themselves, then what in the world makes you think your gonna be able to change their mind by arguing with them anonymously over the internet?

Stephen

Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
I very rarely say this, but I suppose you'll understand when you're older.

God knows I did a lot of stupid shit when I was your age, it landed me in jail, and without a drivers license.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
oh yeah, i forgot the reason i did that- i did this last night actually so i'll just tell the story as sort of an explanation. i was driving down a two lane highway with a speed limit of 55. there was a truck behind me going approximately the same speed that i was travelling (probably 62) anyways, it went on like that for 15 miles or so until i came to a small town and slowed down to 45, then 35, and finally to 28 (the speed limit was 25), this jerk in his truck then gets right up behind me as if i'm doing something wrong by going so slow. keep in mind that if he had wanted to pass me any time before i would have gladly let him as i was traveling at 62. now i'm getting kind of pissed because he is right behind me so i slowed down a bit more to 24 or so, he gets right on my bumper and flashes his weak brights. so now i'm kind of pissed. he tailgates me all the way through town with his brights on and at the end of town the speed limit goes back up, i stayed at 25 or so all the way out of town and then when he tried to pass me i floored it and left him far behind. this made me feel good because i had wanted to show him how powerful my truck was! he had no right to tailgate me in town just because i was going the speed limit or so especially because on the main road it had already been established that we were travelling at approximately the same speed. so i got back up to 62 mph and continued on my way. he came roaring back up after a few minutes and flew by me, i turned on my 130 watt driving lights and blasted him good. he was blinded and drove off the road and i turned right and headed for my hotels hot tub! it was great the way i taught him about being a jerk on the road. now do you understand? or should we argue about it over the net even though we'll never get anywhere by doing that?