ASSES | Page 6 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

ASSES

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Originally posted by aldive
I chose to live in Paradise.

I think that the majority of city-dwellers live where we do, not simply because of money or jobs, but rather because it's where we're happy. Granted, in the less affluent neighborhoods, I think people get stuck there and have difficulty getting out, but they make up a small portion of the population.

To me, the city is paradise. Within walking distance I have everything from drycleaners to grocery stores to gyms and theaters. I'm two blocks from the beach and marina, and three blocks from a golf course and tennis courts. I have beautiful snow in the winter and a calming breeze in the summer. My local museums exhibit world-renown works of art and my theatres perform breathtaking productions that rival those on Broadway. And when the sun rises over the water and sets over the city, there is for me, no equal in beauty.

So I'm sure you and your family are happy where you are, and it may be your idea of paradise, but you couldn't pay me enough to live there.

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Please please stay where you are, its getting crowded here in Paradise with people from your lovely city who are glad they left.

Seriousky, I am glad you like it.

But.... you really need to rethink whay you call a neach.

I was last in the windy city a few years back for two weeks for business meetings in ass deep snow. Paradise... NOT.

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
I respect your opinion, but I couldn't leave the snow. The winter is such a great time of year that I couldn't imagine leaving it behind. So, you don't need to worry about me coming to visit. Until they find a way to air-condition your great state, I'll stick to Chicago.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Cool. Be sure to tell everyone there to stay too.

Its 75 F right now' just came in from Zainoing the truck... maybe the beach ( real beach ) this afternoon.....

poconosms1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
E. Stroudsburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer
get a martial arts sticker

You guys are all describing drivers from NYC. I've trained for years in martial arts. After the owner and Master Instructor died, I put one of the "club" stickers on my car in honor of him. (just a small 4 in diameter sticker)

I cannot begin to tell you the number of people who ride up my tail, see the sticker and back way off. If I had known that this would have happen, would have done it sooner.

Of course that doesn't help with the morons in front. Although occasionally someone does persist, and then I simply practice my weapon flips (usually keep one handy) and that always works.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
Re: get a martial arts sticker

Originally posted by poconosms1

I cannot begin to tell you the number of people who ride up my tail, see the sticker and back way off. If I had known that this would have happen, would have done it sooner.

I think that an NRA sticker or a USMC sticker may have the same effect.

I don't have either one, and I'm not a member of the NRA, but I'm considering getting an NRA sticker in combination with a "Keep honking, I'm Reloading" sticker.

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Aldive, what's wrong with our beaches? I mean, of course yours are going to be bigger, they cost your state billions of dollars every four years to re-build. The more sand they add, the less often they have to bring in more. So yeah, your beaches may be take up more space, but I don't have to compete with tourists for a space, so they suit our needs just fine.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
First of all.... you have fresh water. Beaches are 'posed to be on salt water. Second. Lake Mich is way too damn cold.

Enjoy... I sho do.....

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
Aldive,
I guess that when it comes down to it, I really can't argue about the beaches. Lake Michigan is cold, which sucks. But I prefer the fresh water, mostly because our fish don't bite. Nonetheless, people come from all over the country for your beaches, so I have no real arguement. With that in mind, I propose we agree to disagree and promise to never move in on each other's "partadise".

poconosms1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
E. Stroudsburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer
School is the Key. Do what ever it takes to get the education.

For four years I attended Grad school 2x week, held a FT job, and two part time jobs, Wife and I had first child the year I started grad school and wife has stayed home ever since 1993 working PT over the computer and home schools our children. Sometimes I even worked a 3rd part time job. BTW- one of my jobs was cleaning a four medical offices. Yeah a janitor cleaning bathrooms.

I quit my cleaning jobs, and I just finished two years of teaching Graduate School for Rutgers University. Now I'm down to one job. (not to mention, the last three positions I interviewed for, I was hired for the job.
I commute 70K one way to live in the Pocono’s. Worth it for the kids and wife.

The point being anything is possible,
Dare to Dream, but dreams aren’t worth a dam unless they have sacrifices.

poconosms1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
E. Stroudsburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer
NRA stickers work in PA, we haven't givin up our rights to carry a concealed weapon. In NJ, they lock you up if you are carrying a piece- so most people don't.

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
Re: get a martial arts sticker

You guys are all describing drivers from NYC. I've trained for years in martial arts. After the owner and Master Instructor died, I put one of the "club" stickers on my car in honor of him. (just a small 4 in diameter sticker)

Of course that doesn't help with the morons in front. Although occasionally someone does persist, and then I simply practice my weapon flips (usually keep one handy) and that always works.
I have a USMC sticker, and that usually works, except right around the base, cause everyone is a Marine, so they don't care. Remeber, Marines think they are 10' tall and bulletproof

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Originally posted by woodychitwn
Aldive,
I guess that when it comes down to it, I really can't argue about the beaches. Lake Michigan is cold, which sucks. But I prefer the fresh water, mostly because our fish don't bite. Nonetheless, people come from all over the country for your beaches, so I have no real arguement. With that in mind, I propose we agree to disagree and promise to never move in on each other's "partadise".

It a deal, my friend.

But.... please come visit and spend money.

poconosms1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
E. Stroudsburg PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ford Explorer
I have a USMC sticker, and that usually works, except right around the base, cause everyone is a Marine, so they don't care. Remeber, Marines think they are 10' tall and bulletproof

You mean they aren't?

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Versailles, KY (Home) Poughkeepsie, NY (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
Re: Re: get a martial arts sticker

Originally posted by dogfriend
I don't have either one, and I'm not a member of the NRA, but I'm considering getting an NRA sticker in combination with a "Keep honking, I'm Reloading" sticker.

Oh yeah, if you ever got pulled over, the cops would love to see that

Crazy5711

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Twentynine Palms, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport (Dead and Gone)
You mean they aren't?
Of course we are, remember, mind over matter, or for you young guys, "There is no Spoon"

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
You're still on probation...Because you didn't do anything stupid out there today, you're in your warm home typing about it rather than posting bail or wasting time over the unfortunate situation that took place - just forget about this A$$...

offroader_69_me

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Trinidad, Crawlorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
You're still on probation...Because you didn't do anything stupid out there today, you're in your warm home typing about it rather than posting bail or wasting time over the unfortunate situation that took place - just forget about this A$$...

I did about an hour or two after it happened!!! I am amazed at the fires this sparked though!!!!!