ATCM U3000:49 Code

Aviad

Reaction score
City, State
Israel
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Hello,

I have 2013 Explorer XLT, couple of days ago suddenly I get an error massage on the left screen: "Terrain management system fault".
In addition, the terrain selection knub indicator light is off (no red light on).
No other error massages, not MIL light on, no wrench light.
Car drive excellent, no issues. Only the "Terrain management system fault" massage keeps popping.

I scanned for error codes using Forscan and got the following code in the ATCM module:
ATCM U3000:49-0a
Code: U3000 - control module
additional fault symptoms:
- internal electronic failure

Sometimes I get also additional ATCM error code:
ATCM C1A02:23
Code: C1A02 - rotary encoder stuck in intermediate position
additional fault symptoms:
- signal stuck low

When I try to clear the DTC codes, the ATCM U3000:49 stays and ATCM C1A02:23 is cleared.

I will just that the decent hill function works, the button is shared with the terrain selection knub.
I tried to reset the ATCM module using Forscan and the code is not clearing.
I disconnected the battery, trying to reset the ATCM module with no success.

I feel like it related to electric signal that doesn't passthrough correctly, due to back connector of electricity issue.
I'll appreciate the forum assistance to try to solve this issue/.
if someone encountered similar problem? or there is a way to discharge the module?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Using the 'Search' feature at the top right for "U3000:49" it seems that code shows up for various modules.

Peter

Thanks Peter for you reply.
Indeed U3000:49 code can be in any module, it usually refers to network/communication issues with the module.

Since I'm getting it in the ATCM module, I wondered if its just a electricity issues (grounding)? connector issues? or faulty module?
I've been reading about this "Terrain management system fault" pop up massage and there are many things that can cause this issue.
Non of them have the U3000:49 code with the related pop up massage, thus I wonder if anyone experience similar case?

Its seems I cant reset the ATCM system using Forscan or by disconnecting the battery, the error code remains.
I wonder if indeed its a faulty module, is it Transfer Case Control Module (MOTORCRAFT TM251)??
Where this module is located?

Thanks Peter for you reply.
Indeed U3000:49 code can be in any module, it usually refers to network/communication issues with the module.

Since I'm getting it in the ATCM module, I wondered if its just a electricity issues (grounding)? connector issues? or faulty module?
I've been reading about this "Terrain management system fault" pop up massage and there are many things that can cause this issue.
Non of them have the U3000:49 code with the related pop up massage, thus I wonder if anyone experience similar case?

Its seems I cant reset the ATCM system using Forscan or by disconnecting the battery, the error code remains.
I wonder if indeed its a faulty module, is it Transfer Case Control Module (MOTORCRAFT TM251)??
Where this module is located?
I have the same problem as you... did you find the solution or the problem?

I have the same problem as you... did you find the solution or the problem?
Unfortunately I didn't found a solution for that.
However, it seems to come and go now. I had this fault massage for two week and then suddenly the terrain system worked again for couple of weeks.
I got the fault again for couple of days and no it's all normal.

One thing I noticed it's when I start the engine and keep the starter for few more seconds it not happening.

It seems something electrical or boot sequence of the modules.
I read that in this year there is an ABS module update that change the booting order of the modules that should fix this problem.

I also think it a battery thing that can cause this fault massage.

Hope it helps

Unfortunately I didn't found a solution for that.
However, it seems to come and go now. I had this fault massage for two week and then suddenly the terrain system worked again for couple of weeks.
I got the fault again for couple of days and no it's all normal.

One thing I noticed it's when I start the engine and keep the starter for few more seconds it not happening.

It seems something electrical or boot sequence of the modules.
I read that in this year there is an ABS module update that change the booting order of the modules that should fix this problem.

I also think it a battery thing that can cause this fault massage.

Hope it helps
Thanks, I'll try what you say about the start

If I found the solution, I let you know

NM

Solution update

After long time or trying to understand why the ATCM module communication came off and on I figured out what is the cause.
I have a local installation of security keypad, this keypad shutting down all electronic in the car. basically they pigtaling the car electrical system.
They just expose electrical wire and loop the keypad wires on them. With time these loops get loose due to heat and vibration and cause the lose of communication with the ATCM.
I also suffered from long crack start up.

After fixing the electrical connection of the keypad all work fine now.

So if you have any electrical local installation on your car it may be the casue.

Hope it helps other

Back