ATENCION HANK!! (or 91-94 owners w/ daystars) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ATENCION HANK!! (or 91-94 owners w/ daystars)

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Yo-
I have a question about the daystars, more specifically, the axle-pivots. The kit comes with the bushing itself, and a flange that goes around the bushing. My question is: do I need to put this flange in or can I do it w/o it? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't use the flang, that I think is for other applications, mine have been in for about five months no problem, that is the toughest bushing to replace, good luck.

yah-finished up last night...didn't put the flange in. Didn't look that pretty. but everything settled in nice and its getting aligned right now. Thanks a binch for replying exploder-1

I'm going to ask a stupid question (fully expecting a stupid answer :D)...

Is the axle pivot joint the spot in the center of the TTB axle or is this another name for where the radius arms connect to the tranny x-member?

I think that it is the first, but it isn't labeled in my Chiltons. If I crawled under the vehicle, where would I be able to see it.

Thanks,

Dave

Uhh...I'm not sure exactly to what you're referring to, but I'll try to answer the obvious question of what the hell the axle-pivot thingy is. Don't worry, I'm no expert.

Anyways, there are two axle-pivot locations. If you look underneath your truck from the front, you'll see the two parts of the front axle(the two beams). There is a passenger side axle and a driver's side. Each beam has two ends(obviously). One end of each beam goes to a wheel on each side, and one goes to a bracket(the axle pivot bracket) with a bolt going through it(the axle-pivot bolt). This bolt goes through the axle pivot bushing, which is inside the bracket. Hope that helped clear things up man!

For future reference, get a haynes manual at pep boys. No offense, but chilton's blows. Haynes is less complicated and has tons of pictures demonstrating everything. Later

Back