Atlas Blue ST at Cleveland auto show | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Atlas Blue ST at Cleveland auto show

I bleed Ford Blue

Reaction score
City, State
North Olmsted
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
I waited until today to go because I got in free, it was hero's day. All active duty military and veterans, along with police, fire, and EMS personnel got in for free. Anyway, here are the pics. I couldn't get any closer, it was up on a platform with ropes around it.

20190228_110755.jpg

20190228_110802.jpg

20190228_110814.jpg

20190228_110845.jpg

20190228_110905.jpg

20190228_110914.jpg

20190228_110936.jpg

20190228_111003.jpg

20190228_111020.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for posting those. I am going to the NY Auto Show so csnt wait to see it. My wife was not a fan of the Atlas Blue in the other pics because it seemed like a bright blue but your pics just sealed it. Looks fantastic!!!

Yeah, I thought it was brighter too, until I saw it in person.

Noticed that what I assume to be the 'touchpad' on the driver's door handle has changed to a horizontal strip.

Peter

Antenna is back to the full sharkfin look like the 2016-2017...I like it.

Wow...that is a lot of plastic around the wheel wells!
That's what I thought as well when I saw it yesterday. Didn't have a chance to compare it to the current one.

Peter

Yea, I thought so too. I don't mind them being there, but they just look out of proportion. They're too wide, almost like the designers missed the mark on this one.

If you look closely, there is a horizontal parting line between the wheel arches and the lower cladding, almost like they want you to take them off and have them smoothed and painted. That's what I would do. I've done it before on an 07 F150 that had the black plastic fender flares, i had them smoothed and painted body color and they held up fine the 5 years I had the truck in Cleveland winters.

That's what I said as well! I just made a post about it on the 2020 Explorer Tuning & Mods forum. That amount of plastic is crazy compared to what Lincoln put on the 2020 Aviator. Aviator looks much better around the wheel wells/arches.

Yea, I thought so too. I don't mind them being there, but they just look out of proportion. They're too wide, almost like the designers missed the mark on this one.

If you look closely, there is a horizontal parting line between the wheel arches and the lower cladding, almost like they want you to take them off and have them smoothed and painted. That's what I would do. I've done it before on an 07 F150 that had the black plastic fender flares, i had them smoothed and painted body color and they held up fine the 5 years I had the truck in Cleveland winters.

You have the same idea I have. I just created a thread under the 2020 Explorer Tuning and Mods forum where I mention making those modifications to the wheel wells/arches. Otherwise, great looking vehicle.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back