City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited V6 S.O.H.C
My set up so far is
2 american bass 500.1
2 Fi btl's 18
4 yellow top batts

Now my question is what where some of your numbers with out building a wall.
This year i will be running in supper street no wall 1-2.
top score to date. 154.25
thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was mid 140s with a single 15 and 800 watts.

Had a single 18 till the spider ripped to hell...my fault though lol so I never got any numbers on it.

tons of variables involved to know what ur capable of.

what load are your running the amps at?
which yellow tops are u using?
what enclosure specs are you running?
what sanction are you trying for? ie) aiming for ur score on the termlab sealed at the dash for dbdrag or iasca on the dash with the AC190 sensor, usaci with the globe in the kick using termlab, or bassrace?
rear seats in place?
do you have access to your own sensor to do testing urself?

to put it into perspective with the same power as ur using (2 AB 500.1s) and 2 group 31 batts i was able to do mid 155s on the termlab sealed at the dash. This with all seats in place, truck off, me not in vehicle, with 6 10s. One batt under the hood, one in the rear with 40 runs of 1/0 wire total. And all under the window line. My enclosure was 14" tall.

using 18s isnt quite as good of an spl setup because the woofers are too large to try different firing directions and still stay under the windowline. Ur stuck firing them up and probably running ports back. Ud be able to get louder with 2 12s than with 2 18s in an explorer. Also 18s have a lot of mounting depth so to be under the window line you wont be able to have a very large port running underneath the woofer motor.

If ur serious about SPL id definitely reconsider going with 18s. Or just wall it and you should be able to get close to a 160 on the termlab with a good design and lots of testing.

Man, I haven't done SPL in YEARS ('94). I was over 150 (old scale- likely 145 ish? now) in a '92 T-Bird. I think I'll get an Exploder or Edge for my next car just to do it again. Oh, maybe a new SHO! :eek:

Man, I haven't done SPL in YEARS ('94). I was over 150 (old scale- likely 145 ish? now) in a '92 T-Bird. I think I'll get an Exploder or Edge for my next car just to do it again. Oh, maybe a new SHO! :eek:

150 in 94 was high 130s now.

can only imagine what the guys in the 180s would be at on the old mic setups? likely over 200 db

150 in 94 was high 130s now.

can only imagine what the guys in the 180s would be at on the old mic setups? likely over 200 db

That's the conversion?! Damn. Dante and Munson make sonic booms.

well right now im running 2 american bass 500.1 and 2 fi BTL 18s. right now hitting ranges from 153.80-154.28 I have 2 yellow tops and no space for any more. Im thinking of building a wall to make the space but i have not seen any 4 doors will walls only the sports model.

tons of variables involved to know what ur capable of.

what load are your running the amps at?
which yellow tops are u using?
what enclosure specs are you running?
what sanction are you trying for? ie) aiming for ur score on the termlab sealed at the dash for dbdrag or iasca on the dash with the AC190 sensor, usaci with the globe in the kick using termlab, or bassrace?
rear seats in place?
do you have access to your own sensor to do testing urself?

to put it into perspective with the same power as ur using (2 AB 500.1s) and 2 group 31 batts i was able to do mid 155s on the termlab sealed at the dash. This with all seats in place, truck off, me not in vehicle, with 6 10s. One batt under the hood, one in the rear with 40 runs of 1/0 wire total. And all under the window line. My enclosure was 14" tall.

using 18s isnt quite as good of an spl setup because the woofers are too large to try different firing directions and still stay under the windowline. Ur stuck firing them up and probably running ports back. Ud be able to get louder with 2 12s than with 2 18s in an explorer. Also 18s have a lot of mounting depth so to be under the window line you wont be able to have a very large port running underneath the woofer motor.

If ur serious about SPL id definitely reconsider going with 18s. Or just wall it and you should be able to get close to a 160 on the termlab with a good design and lots of testing.

now finaly some understands. my box is a little over the window line ..

That's the conversion?! Damn. Dante and Munson make sonic booms.

Munson has been retired for quite sometime now. He was on the old sensor too for the most part.

Dante, Team Pioneer (edge audio ((scott owens), Team Shocker HAL, and Craig Butler have all broken 180 db on the termlab. There are a few teams from europe who will also break the 180 mark this year aswell as my buddys the Riprock twins from Alberta should be damn close.

Not only that but theres likely to be 160+ db in street A, street B and street C. Street A particularly is an unreal score...over 160 using 1 amp, 1 batt under 600 cubic inches and either 2 10s or 1 12

well right now im running 2 american bass 500.1 and 2 fi BTL 18s. right now hitting ranges from 153.80-154.28 I have 2 yellow tops and no space for any more. Im thinking of building a wall to make the space but i have not seen any 4 doors will walls only the sports model.
its probably easier to build a wall with a 4 door because you're able to open the back doors and build/brace through there aswell. I was in the midst of walling my explorer when it was totalled. The floor is the hardest part.

which mic are you testing with? A lot of them vary

if you want higher numbers drop the yellow tops unless they are the G31 sizes

Back