• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

$$$ Attention Billet Grill Noobs. I want somebodys OEM $$$

hawks06

Reaction score
City, State
Northville, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Xlt V8
So far ive stuck with the good old stock grilles that come with the truck. I would of changed mine for a billet but for the most part their low quality and cheap looking and cost too much... Anyways today i got hit by a tree as i was driving down the road. It got struck by lightning as i was driving and it fell in front of my car. Well nothing was damaged at all except for the ugly gray oem grill. It completelly fell to pieces.

SO im looking for a 2003-2005 oem grilll. Im not looking for a 2002 im sick of the dull gray ones. So if anybody has one of the chrome ones in ok shape laying around let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Bottomlesspit

Reaction score
City, State
Del Rio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Wow, man...glad you are ok. It's amazing it was only your grill and not the hood, bumper, etc. We had some pretty wicked storms come through here earlier this evening...hail, lightning, strong winds. We survived but I wondered a few times if things would end up ok. Several tornados touched down not too far away.
Anyway, I don't blame you about the 02. I think my 05 chrome grill looks pretty good as it is. I know the "thing" to do is to get a billet grill, but I don't mind my chrome stocker for now. I really want a chrome bull bar with lights ...that's my dream. Gotta wait till the wife has to go out of town for a few days ;)
Good luck with your grill search. I'm just glad all is ok with you up there.
Ken

hawks06

Reaction score
City, State
Northville, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Xlt V8
Yeah man it scared the crap out of me. I was suprised how quick the car stopped on wet pavement. I pushed the brake to the floor and the tires barely even skidded. I still hit the tree though, but when i backed off the tree i didnt see a scratch even though the branches were up to the roof and went as far as the back windows... I bet im going to find a ton of scatches in the morning.