ATTENTION: Yahoo! Mail users!! Beware of fradulant email!! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

ATTENTION: Yahoo! Mail users!! Beware of fradulant email!!

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
Hello everyone. I received this email this morning (attached below) and immediately spotted that it was fake. The email claims to be from a verification service team at Yahoo! and they tell you that they need your Yahoo! ID and password because their database is full, and they need to verify that you are still active. However, they should not have to do this, as every time you send an email to anyone, it would record that you are active. At the bottom there is a place for you to enter your ID and password. Whatever you do, DON'T enter your ID and password!!!! This will send your ID and password to someone who is going to exploit it. Here are the reasons this email is fake:

1) Yahoo! would never ask for your password in an email
2) Read the red text. Who types like that? Examples: "you have to relogin your account by fill in your personal information" and "if u don't respond" who says 'u' for 'you' that is not a Yahoo! professional. Also "your account will closed and got out from our server" which doesn't make any grammatical sense at all.
3) There are also typos such as 'kindly' spelled at 'knidly'

Please relay this information to anyone you know using the Yahoo! Mail service, and tell them NOT to enter their information. With your ID and password they can access all your personal information through Yahoo! and you don't want that.

Thanks for reading this.

Dead Link Removed

huskyfan23

Rah no Hans Bwix
Reaction score
City, State
WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT 4x4
LoL, I use Yahoo and haven't seen anything like that, but I believe Yahoo would use proper english and not say 'u' instead of 'you'.

B94Sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Geneva, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
There have been a lot of emails like this going around recently. I have gotten similar "verify your information" messages from addresses claiming to be associated with eBay and Pay Pal. I have gotten them quite often and am surprised that eBay and/or Pay Pal has not sent out a message telling everyone that they are fake. :rolleyes:

andruxa

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 530iA TiAg
Mikes95XLT

You have a PM, please check...