Attica Run April, 20-22 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Attica Run April, 20-22

Originally posted by mattadams
2001, are you staying at the danville ramada or the lafayette ramada? I guess we're at the lafayette ramada...

I'm staying at that same hotel, the Ramada in Lafayette. Myself, RichSport, COMMOCOZY and friend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and I'm staying there too, with Riffman. Indoor pool, that should be fun! anybody else staying there?

Later,

Just keeping it active!

Here is the list of everyone that is going:

2001ExpSport
95ExplorerLtd
Andre Hryn
BigDave
Cameron
COMMOCOZY
Dennis Myers
FlyAU
GoFast (Maybe)
Kampy
Mattadams
RFR2212
RichSport94
Rick
Riffman
SplashMan
Tom Wilks
NoBoundaries (maybe)

Is anybody else interested? Come on you Midwesterners. Lets go!

has anybody gotten any confirmation or tickets or anything like that yet?

They havent cashed mine either.....Will someone call em this week? That whole thing about not cashing checks creates a pain in the ass for me with my ATM account!
ACH!
Pete

Mine is cashed either. They may be keeping them to make one deposit. Companies like to do it that way instead of many idividual deposits.

trail ratings

I just got off of the phone with Troy (owner of the Badlands)...i asked him about the how the SITR trail ratings corresponds to the Attica Colors. He said that Green trail is probably a 2 or 3 depending on how wet it is. Orange is a 3 or 4 depending on wetness, and pink is a 4 rating. Mission Impossible III (offsite trail) is a 5. For that trail, a winch is required. He said that there are 2 spots on that trail, that are pretty much im passible without a winch. front and rear lockers are also required. Just thought id pass that on.

Hmmm. Maybe they are waiting to see if they get a big enough turnout? They wont cash the checks until they get enough to cover their costs? Because if they cash your check, they are kind of obligated.

Just a thought.

I don't think that this will be an issue here. They should get at least 200 trucks for the event. Usually I think there's more than that wheeling there on a normal day. $68.00 covers entry fee and food. As a single driver you might not spend that much on a normal day but heck, you even get a dask plaque and a chance to win some goodies.

As set today though at our first "Northern Illinois Explorer Club" meeting we are going to meet at a first Truck Stop on Highway 65 just south of I-80/94 and head out to Lafayette, IN at exactly 7:00 PM on Thursday April 19th, 2001. We should arrive in our hotel at around 9:00 PM.

We will post all that info on our NOIEC web page later on.
http://www.noiec.com

Any comments?

I wanna go!

My wife and I would like to go. I talked to Tom Wilks about maybe caravaning over from Ohio. (I'm in Sandusky, he's in Parma) Should I just send in my check, or is there a problem? I noticed all the guys claiming their checks have not been cashed. That doesn't mean they are full already, does it?!? Is anyone else camping? Let me know what's going on. Gotta break in the new tires and body lift the right way!

The general consensus is that they are just waiting to get a bunch of checks before taking them to the bank. I would send in the money to make sure you get in.

I agree with Cameron....also, we sent our money in as soon as we knew about the event....So my guess is, get that money in, and you can come!
Pete

Ok, I just talked to the lady Shannon at SITR, and she said that she doesn't keep the checks to get a bunch. Why it is taking so long, is that once she gets it, and processes your enrolement form, then she sends off your check to another guy who takes care of all the money things. Since she is taking in the money and signup sheets for 5 different events right now, it takes longer to process everybody's too. So have patience young ones!! :D If it goes on for a while, and you need to check individually, she said you can e-mail here at shannon@sportsintherough.com.

She also said that as it gets closer to the run date, they will be sending out post cards as a confimation for the run. I asked if we needed to bring that as kind of a registration card for the check in, and she said no, though it would be good incase there were any problems.

so i think thats it....any more q's?

Riff, Thanks for checking into this.

Brian, I have put in for a day off on Friday 4/20, so I will likely be leaving for Attica on that date. I have not solidified plans for where I'm staying, but I'm kind of hoping to camp at the same place that Rick is staying, Summer camp ground. I keep forgetting to call them and check on what facilities they have.

I can head home either Sunday evening or Monday morning. It isn't a terribly long drive, but I don't know how tired I'll be after wheeling all day sunday.

Sounds good

Tom,

That sounds good to me. The wife and I want to camp, too. So whenever you get the campgroun info, let me know. Should I go ahead and send in a check for both of our registration fees?

hey do you guys know how far away attica is from indianapolis? Seems i have a "good friend" in Indianapolis that I might be interested in swinging by to see, just curious how far of a trip it might be out of my way.

Its about an hour and a half away, matt. you take 41 south to I-74, then 74 all the way into Indy.

Hey! Wake Up Everybody!

I just today got some more time available before Moab.

You KNOW how easy I am. I just printed off the reg form and want to stay with the group. I can sleep in my Explorer so where are you staying Rick? I'll go there.

You guys knew I couldn't resist, right? Only a thousand miles or slightly less, piece of cake.

Seriously, this will take some extreme maneuvering in my office-political arena but I think I can pull it off. I'll keep up with this thread from now on. I am ready to Rock! Is it too late? Can I still send the entry form in, or am I too late?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

More, more!

We need more guys in! Do we have full house yeat? sh** I need to check the other thread. Well, Attica is gonna be a great warm-up before Moab and I only hope that I won't brake anything in my rig in Attica that will prevent me from going to Moab. My truck is still gonna have to get there on it's own. Heck, think possitive! right? where is everybody? hello!!!

Back