ATTN: people with 6 color indiglo gauges | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ATTN: people with 6 color indiglo gauges

i am in need of some help
the 6 color indiglo gauges like in this link
Dead Link Removed

i like the gauges but don't want the to be indiglo ......
when they are off at night can do the stock gauges light them up? i would want to put them on but have the stock gauge lights illumate them.... sicne they seem to be over lays

thanks
ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why not make paper ones.. made of paper, light up normally, and have the white background. do a search

good idea
but what color would i make the numbers
would i just get a scanned image of my gauges and make the background white and letters black, ten print and install?

reverse-indiglo gauges do what you are talking about. look for those on ebay or procarparts.com to see what i'm talking about

Your dash is backlighted so the lights will not show thru the guage overlays. Only thing that will light are the needles. They are not quite bright enough to read the speed though.

my stock gauges show through my paper ones at night. looks soooo sweet during the day, and looks ok at night. not bad for $.05 or so.

but the bad thing about reverse indiglo gauges is that the font on them is in blue
WTF is that not everyone is madly in love with blue i wish the damn companys would wake up and realize this.....if the font was in black i'd buy them right now....but its in blue and thats exactly why i haven't boughten them.

maybe i'll try the paper idea
any tips on makin them

only tips i found out the hard way are to make sure the gauges are securely glued down and/or laminated. first mine were rubbing on the needles and messing up the gauges, and now they are wrinkly. about to go out and install a fresh set.

Back