• Register Today It's free!

Audio opinions needed...

00BigMattyC00

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer XLT
I am a pretty handy person but have never done any sort of modifications to my car myself. I have a 8" bazooka sub and 250watt amp hooked up to an aftermarket Alpine radio I had installed by a place by me. I just bought a new set of 2 12" Subs, 500watt sony amp and all the wiring. They want to charge me $200 for the install with all my parts but I figured I might try it myself. With the ground work there from the bazooka sub and amp install they did how difficult would it be for me to do this myself?

EDIT: This is on a 2003 Explorer XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It wont be very difficult I have no audio knowledge and put a secondary in. I keep taking mine out but my wiring is still there. Check out the audio section it'll give you a lot of incite into this stuff and they will be much greater help.

Moving this thread to the audio section:chug:

crutchfield.com has some great wiring diagrams for amps/subs

Sorry for the misplaced query. Im new to the site! Thanks for the help/reassurance/links guys! Gonna start getting to my lift and get some pics up asap

put the new amp beside the other, move 1 wire at a time from the old to the new, and

make sure if you take a wire off it goes to the same appropriate place on the new one,

and it should be good,, amps are pretty easy actually,

Back