• Register Today It's free!

Audio system problems

Josephfb

Reaction score
City, State
Maplewood
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Has anyone has a problem with the audio systems? Anytime after a significant rain the entire audio/ phone systems goes down completely.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum, fellow old guy, that really sounds like a water where it should not be problem. Way too new for that kind of problem. Can you duplicate it by spraying water all around windshield to see is there is s leak problem?

Has anyone has a problem with the audio systems? Anytime after a significant rain the entire audio/ phone systems goes down completely.
Welcome to the Forum Joesph. :wave:
As far as I know, you are the first to report this particular issue. Please keep us updated on this as it may help others that incur the same problem.
Thanks.

Peter

I now have a problem with my audio. The entire audio system is down and will not turn on. The first time it happened, I replaced the fuse (fuses located near drivers side under the dash). That fixed the problem for 48hours. It is now down again and a new fuse did not fix the issues. Will be taking it to the dealer within the next couple weeks. Very frustrated overall with the lack of QC - this is just the latest problem.

Replacing blown fuses usually doesn't address the problem of what caused it to fail in the first place. Possibly a bad Audio Control Module. You likely replaced fuse #32?

Peter

Replacing blown fuses usually doesn't address the problem of what caused it to fail in the first place. Possibly a bad Audio Control Module. You likely replaced fuse #32?

Peter
Yes - it was 32. It's a daily driver, haven't had a chance to get it checked out yet.

Yes - it was 32. It's a daily driver, haven't had a chance to get it checked out yet.
I've had my Explorer for a little over a year now and I just started to have this exact issue 2 days ago. We had some significant snow here on Long Island a few days ago. It was over a foot deep with heavy winds for 2 days straight, so I assumed moisture had gotten in somewhere to effect the audio system. I also pulled out fuse #32. It looked ok so I reseated it. When I did that the audio came back on for a minute. Then the volume only put out half power and then cut out completely. For the next 24 hours the audio system only worked for about the first 10 seconds after the vehicle is first started then nothing for the rest of the trip. This morning and then throughout the entire day of multiple trips the audio system is now working completely normal. I guess its dried itself out for now.

I got it into the dealer. They replaced the audio controller. Fortunately it only took 2 days.

Unfortunately, this morning the battery was completely dead. Jumped it and my Fordpass app said a major software update was now complete. Not sure if the dead battery is coincidence, related to my audio problem, related to the software update or something else entirely. Better Sunday morning than Monday morning I suppose...

Welcome to the Forum Joesph. :wave:
As far as I know, you are the first to report this particular issue. Please keep us updated on this as it may help others that incur the same problem.
Thanks.

Peter
Have had this problem occur several times took to dealer and entire audio unit replaced and undated. Problem was gone until last major rain storm and system went down for 10 minutes again!

Post #3 - Link #4

Back