• Register Today It's free!

audiophile vs. navi question

clearwaterms

Reaction score
City, State
near chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 xlt v6 4x4
I have the audiophile sound reciever. Is there any difference between that and the navigation in terms of sound quality / amps / speakers?

also, does anybody know except using line out converters if there any way to pull the signal off of the radio and be able to push it to external amps? I have searched and found pin outs on how to intercept the factory subwoofer amp signal to replace the factory amplifier. what about the other four channels?

I have the six disc and it looks like on the passanger side in the cargo area it has a speaker grill. I have a speakergrill on the passanger side in the cargo area. Do I have the audiophile system?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have this stereo in my vehicle, it's the 6 disk / MP3

6F9T-18C815.jpg

You do have the Audiophile system in your X, and the only preamp level outputs on the deck are for the subwoofer. A good quality converter can work well, or the JL CleanSweep ($$$$$$$).

I just recently swapped my Audiophile radio out for a NAV radio. I did not really notice any difference in the sould quality. All the speakers and subwoofer seems to be the same.

As far as the rest of your question, sorry I have no knowledge there.

Might help in getting your radio part number. Tunr power on, press and hold presets 3 and 6 for 2 seconds. This will initiate a speaker walk around test. Before the test completes, press preset button 6. Press the tune up arrow once. The radio will go into test mode and will display the part number. If you don't get the whole number the first time, repeat pressing the up arrow.

I noticed a huge improvement in the audio quality when I installed the Nav. Probably has something to do with the Infinty speakers I installed over a year ago. Maybe now it has the power to run them better? I have much fuller bass now and the highs are not peaky like they were.

Back