• Register Today It's free!

Aussie lockers.

KYLE2289

Reaction score
City, State
MARTINSVILLE INDIANA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 FORD EXPLORER XLT
ok, quick question. i just put on a 4 inch lift with 2 inch warrior shackles and 2 inch front coil spacers. so in total about 6 inches. my question is i just ordered 4.56 gears for the rear. and was wandering should i go ahead and order 2 aussie lockers one for the front and one for the rear. i plan on rebuilding the rear axle in and out next weekend. so i want to do a one and done type thing. any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When you are gearing swapping is the perfect time to put in the locker. Kind of a two birds with one stone thing.

If you ordered 4.56 for the reat, make sure you get 4.56 for the front too. If your rig is a daily driver I would suggest just locking the rear. If you do any city driving, having both diffs locked will make it a pain to get around town.

If you ordered 4.56 for the reat, make sure you get 4.56 for the front too. If your rig is a daily driver I would suggest just locking the rear. If you do any city driving, having both diffs locked will make it a pain to get around town.
not if you have manual hubs and unlock them.

Sure you kno but your need an open carrier for the rear to put an aussie in.I run them front and back...LOVE THEM!!!!;)

Back