Austin TX. PD pulled 60 PIU's for Carbon Monoxide issue | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Austin TX. PD pulled 60 PIU's for Carbon Monoxide issue

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm really curious where its actually coming from.

Apparently so is Ford.:dunno:

I'm not buying this at all, this issue surfaced in 2011 and is far less complex than rocket science or brain surgery. It's a simple vehicle with finite possibilities of where either untreated or treated carbon monoxide is coming from. A solid engineering student in college with the right equipment could figure this one out IMO.

My mother has gotten sick from the Explorer... She hardly ever wants to ride in it. I got a job after graduating from college and with a lot of stop and go. I get a lot of headaches but I thought it was the commute. I don't know what action I have to take but I've reported this to Ford before. How do I test for carbon monoxide?
Plug in a carbon monoxide detector.

I'm sure any shop that specializes in water leaks can find where its entering also, they have ultrasonic equipment etc etc. If water can enter so can exhaust or fumes or whatever it is theyre looking for these past 6 years

I'm sure a "smoke test" can be done to see if it enters the rear/underside of the vehicles.

In another link they said they replaced the clips for the rear spoiler also, well those clips have a rubber grommet, I hope they put updated ones in. Once you pull on the spoiler to remove it, it warps the sheet metal which allows even more gas or whatever to enter into the hatch since the surface isn't level anymore. It would probably never allow water to enter inside the cabin since water is heavier than air and just pours out the hatch drains, on the other hand exhaust gas can accumulate and seep thru the rear hatch, from what I understand. If this is all they found they need to look harder, I used probably over half a caulking tube to seal the back of mine:rolleyes:.
I hope it doesn't take this long to fix the cracking sealer around roof rail bolts, that water gets into the side airbags:eek:

Back