Auto climate questiom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ExplorerJenn

Reaction score
City, State
Moab, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer Eddie
Hi - recently had part replaced at mechanic as passengers side started blowing hot (forget the part - motor actuator or blender )

Before going in the auto button would send proper temp air thru main vents. After this "repair" my auto button only sends air to defrosting vents. I can choose where I want and pick the proper vents and I now have proper cold air when needed... I've just always used auto unless I needed to defrost at which point I would change to that option.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the air flow fluctuate between the dash vents and defrost at all?

So far I've only tested it once for a few minutes and it was just the defrost. Prior to the work it was just the vents and not the defrost. I will need to do a long ride to see for sure but so far no fluctuation.

Hi,
it does fluctuate between. When I set to heat above 76 it seems to flop to the defroster and floor heat. Is this how it’s supposed to work and maybe it was just broken all this time?

Hi,
it does fluctuate between. When I set to heat above 76 it seems to flop to the defroster and floor heat. Is this how it’s supposed to work and maybe it was just broken all this time?
I am not sure how it determines vent location in auto mode. It makes some sense that it would do this. Especially if the outside air temperature is cold. Mine defaults to the floor position when the AC is not on. It might blow from the defrost too but I have never checked to see if this occurs. Outside of auto mode does the vents work according to the button used?

I am not sure how it determines vent location in auto mode. It makes some sense that it would do this. Especially if the outside air temperature is cold. Mine defaults to the floor position when the AC is not on. It might blow from the defrost too but I have never checked to see if this occurs. Outside of auto mode does the vents work according to the button used?
They do seem to work when you select where you want it to come from. I was just surprised when the defroster turned in after the repair cause it never came from there. Finally got to go for a long ride yesterday (foliage peeping) and really test it. Glad it does do both.. thinking it may just be working correctly now. Thank all for the responses.

Back