Auto Dimming mirror melting- dealer won't fix | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Dimming mirror melting- dealer won't fix

LILSPARK

Reaction score
City, State
ALBERTA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 FORD EXPLORER SPORT
Hi, I have a 2009 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4 and for the most part love everything about this vehicle. A few months ago I brought my vehicle in for it's winter service/ winter tires and noted I was having a problem with my auto dimming mirror- most of the time it is still working. The problem is that the plastic on the back of the mirror has melted and actually dripped onto the dash. I though I had spilled something when I noticed the drops, but noticed that the back of the mirror was wet and melted plastic came off in my hand. The dealer tried to tell me this was my fault because I had a parking pass hanging from the mirror (even though the dealer put the work order number which is much larger also on the back of my mirror). I do not know how long it will be before it stops working completely. I have a full extended warranty on the vehicle. Is there someway I can contact Ford Canada directly to get this resolved as the dealer wants nothing to do with it? I was told it would be about $1000 out of my pocket if I wanted to replace it. My truck has about 28k kms on it. Has anyone else successfully resolved this issue?

Never heard of a mirror melting.

Customer Relationship Centre
Ford Motor Company
of Canada, Limited
P.O. Box 2000
Oakville, Ontario L6J 5E4
1-800-565-3673 (FORD)
www.ford.ca

Take your vehcile to another dealer an never go back to that one.

Back