Auto Folding Mirror Mod Help

mjperk

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
Hi All,
First time poster here--I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited and was disappointed that the folding mirrors do not do so automatically. I found an old post on this where a Russian guy had used some relays to accomplish the mod, but the link in that post was dead and I can't find any real information or schematics on what he did. I also found a video on Youtube, of who I think is the same guy, but again there were no details. Does anyone have good information on how to accomplish this mod like schematics, parts, etc.?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All,
First time poster here--I just bought a 2015 Explorer Limited and was disappointed that the folding mirrors do not do so automatically. I found an old post on this where a Russian guy had used some relays to accomplish the mod, but the link in that post was dead and I can't find any real information or schematics on what he did. I also found a video on Youtube, of who I think is the same guy, but again there were no details. Does anyone have good information on how to accomplish this mod like schematics, parts, etc.?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
You should have bought a 2016 model. They just came out with the auto power fold. I don't believe anyone on the forum has added them on pre 2016 models.

Peter

Sometimes I think I would agree they would be nice. I just don't know if the motors and gears are designed to be folded on every key cycle so to speak.

Sometimes I think I would agree they would be nice. I just don't know if the motors and gears are designed to be folded on every key cycle so to speak.
As with anything motorized, wear and tear is a concern.
It may very well outlast the vehicle, but I can tell you it stuggles in our harsh winters when snow/ice gets intot he crevice/gap.

Back