• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Auto Hold

Woah322

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SI,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Sport
20 XLT
Searched the forum , couldn’t find a similar thread , but I know what the Auto Hold feature is and how to use it but does anybody get an error message when they first start their truck, I wish it would store a code this way it’s not back and forth at the dealer

AFDFEF11-40D5-45CE-A536-0CDA02EF9FAA.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
First person to report it unfortunately so do not think anyone will have an answer on this one.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
As blwnsmoke said, you are the first to report this fault. Can you reproduce it consistantly or was it a one time thing?

Peter

Woah322

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SI,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Sport
20 XLT
It has happened more then once , but can’t reproduce it on demand, it will come on as soon as the vehicle is started and stay on the entire drive cycle and if the auto hold button is pushed the vehicle just does that warning chime/ beep and and then auto hold feature will be disabled

NPNelson

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Searched the forum , couldn’t find a similar thread , but I know what the Auto Hold feature is and how to use it but does anybody get an error message when they first start their truck, I wish it would store a code this way it’s not back and forth at the dealer

View attachment 177521
The same thing has happened to me and I can’t reproduce it at will either. For me, it only seems to happen when I remote start the vehicle and let it run for a few minutes before I hop in.

If I turn the car off and back on, the fault clears and auto hold works fine. It’s annoying for sure, but I think trying to get the dealer to fix it would be more annoying to me.

gnotti211

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Has happened a few times to me as well. Can't figure out a way to replicate it but it does seem to occur randomly with remote start like NPNelson stated. Interested in figuring out a fix

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Has happened a few times to me as well. Can't figure out a way to replicate it but it does seem to occur randomly with remote start like NPNelson stated. Interested in figuring out a fix
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Thank you for supporting the site through your Elite Explorer membership.

Peter