• Register Today It's free!

Auto hub help is needed.

EddieBExpo91

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer eddie b
Sup everyone. Newbie here and need some help. I just bought a 91 explorer for cheap and I trid the 4x4 for the first time the driver's side hub just clunks and clicks. Is there a fix for this? Maybe just a good cleaning and servicing? Or just replace it all together? It has the auto locking hubs. I have had full sized Broncos with these hubs but never had issues with them before. Any advice would be great thanks and I look forward to learning alot and sharing alot with this group.

Tear it down and check it out, the hub is most likely broken, but it's still good to always check first, and since it's new (to you) you should check the brakes out too while you're in there. as well as ball joints, tierods and other bushings and parts....

Good luck and welcome to the forum!
Don't be afraid to search and post on old topics, it's okay. :thumbsup:

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the stock 91-94 section. You have two options. The first one is to rebuild your existing auto hubs. The second option is to convert to manual hubs made by Warn.

Check out the Brake diary thread with lots of info and pics on removing the hubs.

15286DSCN5376-med.jpg

Back