• Register Today It's free!

auto hub

4x4troy

Reaction score
City, State
middleburg,fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt 5.0 awd
i am going to be replacing my auto hubs with manuals in the near future.but i have a question about the auto hub.i took off the left front wheel today and the hub housing stayed in the wheel,and all the internals of the hub was exposed.should this happen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep.

For the record, your sig is wrong. I wouldn't normally call you out, but it bugs me. :D

It should be '92 and '99. The apostrophe signifies that something is missing in that spot. Small grammar lesson to go with your question. :D

What remains on the outer shaft is the "cam" assembly that engages the front hub when the front axle shafts start spinning.

dang brain fart... fixed

HAHAHA mechanical advice, and an English lesson. Only at Explorer Forums!!!

Rock on, man. By the way, do some research- Spicer has a spindle nut kit that is identical to Warn's conversion kit but lots cheaper. I think it's 21588XK but that's just off the top of my head and possibly wrong.

Warn's manual hubs have been cheapest on Amazon every time I looked. Should be able to fully convert for around $165.

While we are on subject..... are the mile marker hubs any good for our trucks???

I know their top of the line stuff for the big toys are considered pretty good, but how about for our applications?

i just ordered a warn manual conversion today.get it installed plus a fan clutch and belt for $469.70 total . getting it all done the 23rd,hubs are coming from cali.

Back