• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Auto ON Interior Lights?

jonb3333

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I have a 2020 Explorer ST...and it is amazing. I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's a way to have the interior lights automatically come on when opening the door? I find it to be nice at night when you're getting in or out of the car...I believe most of my previous cars did this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

steweod

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'19 F150
My F150 has a button that disables the lights from coming on. I would look around or check the manual for something similar.

Edit. Here you go this might help.

Screenshot_20191114-000041_Edge.jpg

cpainter3

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Yes, check the last one: “Interior Lamp Function “. My wife accidentally pushed that one while trying to activate the passenger map light and temporarily disabled everything.

It is useful when tailgating, etc.

steweod

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'19 F150

dstewart51

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Hughes, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Callsign
KJ7E
Or pull to the side of the road to pee at night and not have a spot light on you (I live in the middle of nowhere with no services, it happens).

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
I have a 2020 Explorer ST...and it is amazing. I'm just curious if anyone knows if there's a way to have the interior lights automatically come on when opening the door? I find it to be nice at night when you're getting in or out of the car...I believe most of my previous cars did this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As mentioned, it is probably just a setting. The 5th gen didn't have a setting to turn them OFF.

Peter

Wayne Hanner

Reaction score
City, State
Millsap
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited AWD
How do you make the interior lights come on when a door is opened?

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Someone hit the switch in the overhead console. Push the switch and it will turn them all on when the door is open. It is also in your manual (shows you a pic of the button to push).

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
How do you make the interior lights come on when a door is opened?
Hi Wayne. Your thread was merged with this existing one found using the Forum's 'Search' function.

Peter