Auto Parking Brake Fiasco | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Parking Brake Fiasco

Post number 33 has been selected as best answered.

Sea_Ray

Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Limited Hybrid AWD
Definition Of Fiasco.... Man made problem.... usually the result of Human Failure.

Ford being cheap created this mess. To be clear I have NO problem using a parking when warranted. Parking in my garage after washing my vehicle IS NOT warranted. In these 4 attached videos I have manually release parking brake before lifting foot off brake. I wish I had remembered I had a security camera with sound months a go.

Ford has made a new problem instead of fixing the original problem which is the rear end bolt fracture. I posted several videos which you can hear the pads popping off the rotors as the vehicle moves. I have appointment to drop off Explorer and get a loaner Wednesday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Geez, that's ridiculously loud. 😳

Geez, that's ridiculously loud. 😳
Ya it is.... But ....But...it has the latest Firmware they said last time. To Be fair I didn't have the videos then...So I have to leave it at ford.

On a $55,000 vehicle with 11,000 miles it's a ______n joke. I'm sure they're others with same issue.....please share the link and or videos with everyone you can.

I guess others with the so called "fix" are having the same issue? I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. I'm lucky, I guess, that I didn't have the fix applied prior to delivery. I got my 22 Ex in Feb of 22.
I have the AutoHold thing that I use when at stop lights but the release on that is smooth.

Definition Of Fiasco.... Man made problem.... usually the result of Human Failure.

Ford being cheap created this mess. To be clear I have NO problem using a parking when warranted. Parking in my garage after washing my vehicle IS NOT warranted. In these 4 attached videos I have manually release parking brake before letting foot off brake. I wish I had remembered I had a security camera with sound months a go.

These mindless dip s***s at ford have made a new problem instead of fixing the original problem which is the rear end bolt fracture. I posted several videos which you can hear the pads popping off the rotors as the vehicle moves. I have appointment to drop off Explorer and get a loaner Wednesday.

Tried using Forscan to disable auto parking brake with no luck. I'll check the form later but I assume no one has found disable auto brake yet

I think I heard that from here in Nevada.

That sure sounds better. Here's hoping it lasts for you.

Thanks,
I was hopeful it would be fixed. But seeing how the wheels and brakes were dry and parked dry hearing any popping is a bad sign. I washed all the salt off today after 100 mile trip. Stay tuned for further updates in the next few days.

Update 1/26/2023
I did get a reply from the dealer and they are contacting Ford again.

As I expected no change after leaving it at Ford From Wednesday to Monday. This video from this morning ....after washing truck on Wednesday 1Pm then parked ....until 10:40 am today.

new link

Do you have other Ford or Lincoln dealers near you? Might be worth trying a different one.

Do you have other Ford or Lincoln dealers near you? Might be worth trying a different one.
Yes I do have many in the area....The problem is trying to get a loaner is a Bleeping Joke from them. I'm in touch with the Service manager daily now. I cannot believe mine is the only explorer with this BS after the recall.

Not a lawyer, But a class action suit seems likely if and when this becomes more wide spread.....

I suggest calling a couple Lincoln dealers to see if they would provide a loaner. My Ford/Lincoln dealer does. Depending on availability it may need to be scheduled in advance. Good luck.

So I called Ford Motor on Monday and went through the history with them. They called dealer while I was on hold and was told Ford authorize the replacement of rear brake pads. Who would had thought out the millions of these installed I would get the only 4 defective pads installed on my Explorer.

I asked if I could send the videos to Her and she gave me her e-mail @ Ford. I explained my garage is like a movie studio and every thing is being recorded. I also said given the history and time spent on this and other issues warrants some compensation form Ford. Still waiting on that.

I haven't called the dealer yet, I'll wait a few days to see if they contact me.

To Be continued.......

New OEM pads are on order as of yesterday,

The Ford Motor Co rep has not followed up on any of her commitments to get back to me. I ll send her another e-mail. before posting her contact information.

the new CEO should start with her jarriol1@ford.com

New OEM pads are on order as of yesterday,

The Ford Motor Co rep has not followed up on any of her commitments to get back to me. I ll send her another e-mail. before posting her contact information.
When I had issues with my Bronco a Ford rep assisted me, but I had to reach out to them to let them know the status, they did not contact me back unless I did so.

When I had issues with my Bronco a Ford rep assisted me, but I had to reach out to them to let them know the status, they did not contact me back unless I did so.
Thank You,
I'll call them now.

That's sad to hear that, the odd noise but especially that Ford has not done anything to improve that.

I'd like to have an old Explorer USPS mail truck to "play with"... meaning to modify as I wish. One thing would be to remove the existing parking brake mechanism, in those it's a huge device in the middle of the truck on the floor. It sets up almost two feet high and stops you from any chance to get into the back of the truck.

I would yank that thing out and scrap it first thing, and then see about adapting some late model auto park device to it, with a switch. I would get it to work as desired or else; meaning there is a solution, but not likely the politically correct one, and I don't care about that.

I would attempt to alter the wiring of that contraption, first to make it operate manually as needed for safety. 2nd would be to make it convenient and seamless, subtle and unobtrusive etc.

That's sad to hear that, the odd noise but especially that Ford has not done anything to improve that.

I'd like to have an old Explorer USPS mail truck to "play with"... meaning to modify as I wish. One thing would be to remove the existing parking brake mechanism, in those it's a huge device in the middle of the truck on the floor. It sets up almost two feet high and stops you from any chance to get into the back of the truck.

I would yank that thing out and scrap it first thing, and then see about adapting some late model auto park device to it, with a switch. I would get it to work as desired or else; meaning there is a solution, but not likely the politically correct one, and I don't care about that.

I would attempt to alter the wiring of that contraption, first to make it operate manually as needed for safety. 2nd would be to make it convenient and seamless, subtle and unobtrusive etc.
I'm gonna yank my WiFi router out and go back to dialup. I'm sick of this new technology crap. Just kidding... I manually engage my parking brake every time I park. I have a 2020 with 2 bolts but I prefer not hearing the transmission jerk and click when I park on an incline. It's not good for the transmission to rock back and forth in Park, so I engage the e-brake before I take my foot off the brake pedal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna yank my WiFi router out and go back to dialup. I'm sick of this new technology crap.....................................................

P1170368_001.JPG

Back