Auto Start-Stop Technology | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto Start-Stop Technology

You can also put that link in the Search feature in the upper right and search this thread to see if it has been posted before.:)
BTW, it has 3 times.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You guys are tough...i was only trying to share my impressions...i will think twice before ever posting again.

Just trying to provide an alternative to reading through all posts by using the handy 'Search' feature Bill. I doubt more than 5 or 10% of members use it to search within a thread.

Peter

You guys are tough...i was only trying to share my impressions...i will think twice before ever posting again.

My original post was more of a joke then being serious but since it kind of turned more serious or taken that way, my point is that I guess I dont know why people would post without reading majority of the thread. Without knowing the different discussions and replies, one is kind of posting blind.

Guess that's just my own personal logic with forums..

YMMV.

Its to the point now in vehicles that if one doesnt like the technology, a pedal bike is your only option lol.

Another option is a full restoration of an older model which is what I'm exploring for my 2002 Exp. (Sure, I probably won't do it, but I'm looking at the option.) I really can't stand the lack of vision out of new models and I rationally or irrationally worry about all the gadgets, gizmos, computers, sensors, features, etc. I just want to drive my Explorer and have it be absolutely rock solid reliable. That's what I have now and want for the next 15-20 years.

called autostop eliminator on my 2020 Aviator just installed. It works perfectly! I also found if you put your Aviator in "Excite" Mode, (no atuo stop eliminator installed) , auto stop is disabled. Just a FYI for those thinking about it.

Welcome to the Forum Steve.:wave:

Peter

Thanks. I have the 2020 Aviator and a 2018 Indian Chieftain Motorcycle.
You could add that motorcycle to a Signature if you wanted to.

Peter

Huh...can you make that a bit bigger.....just cant seem to.....

If anyone has a solution for the auto start/stop, please post it on page 8.

Just don't include the dreaded link... :thumbsup:

Actually my link was to a different product I believe, but no worries, I don’t think they have the product ready for our explorers yet.

I have emailed the company to see if they will be developing a product for the Explorer ST. Fingers crossed.

Update - the company got back to me this morning to let me know they will indeed be developing a product for the Explorer ST, and to keep an eye on their website.

This product seems a lot more user friendly in that you just plug it into the vehicle diagnostic port, and can just unplug it when going in for servicing.

No need to take the steering column apart as with the other dreaded link product.

Can the start stop function be turned off in the 2020 Explorer Platinum? In my 2019 Expedition I have a button to disable it.

Yes, there is a switch to disable it, but you have to do that every time you re-start the vehicle.

TBill

Thank You. Thats ok. Some vehicles have no option to do that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank You. Thats ok. Some vehicles have no option to do that.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Your thread has been merged with this existing one.

Peter

Back