• Register Today It's free!

Auto stores?

DannyD28

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995, XLT
Does anyone know of anywhere else other than autozone that sells shackles for the explorer? I dont have an autozone within 40 miles of my house, and i dont feel like going that far. Maybe pepboys, national auto, or advance auto? thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Easy, all of the above...
You may have to re-drill the holes w/ a 9/16 bit. Check before removing the old shackles.
I just pust some on my truck, work fine but i had to drill.

does anyone know a part number for the shackels at autozone?

Autozone has a website thats pretty nice. It will tell you if the item is stocked at your local store or you can buy items on-line. This may be an option if you can't find the part at any other parts store that is local for you.

They came in a red box. Brand was "superior" and the only part # on the box is 134-000.
Hope that helps...

Daniel,
Did you get the shackles on? How did they come out? You didn't tell me that when you called tonight bud... How do they look? I bet pretty darn good the way you prepped them ;)

J

Ooops! Forgot about that. Yes, I did last Sunday. It took me about 45 mn. Just because I tried to do one side at the time...

Anyway, they look good. I like the way the truck looks now.
I might have to lower the rear a little bit once I put the lift on. We'll see.

No problem bud! We need a pic of the new look... maybe all covered in mud..

Back to the original point - get the shackles. This is an inexpensive way to get a small lift - <$20... And very strong!

J

checked them out tonight and only $14 bucks. I had to buy them!! Now if I could only get some 32X10.5-15 for $15 each I would be a happy camper.

Coltman,
Be sure to go to Home Depot and get some 1/2" inner diameter galvanized pipe. This you can use as a brace at the middle of the shackle for extra strength. Run a 1/2" bolt through and tighten down as much as you can.
You may need to cut or grind the pipe to make sure it fits right.

Jon

Back