• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Auto tilt side view mirrors in reverse

jonb3333

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Hi. All of my cars for years have done this but it doesn’t seem to on my 2020 Explorer ST. Does anyone know if this is a setting I just haven’t been able to find?

thanks!

jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Nope, not available as of yet. Possible something we can find in the future.

XploX

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 All-Terrain
It's a useless feature to begin with. I've always turned them off. It's very distracting, and doesn't allow the driver to see the sides of the vehicle without adjusting the mirrors while trying to back up. It's much worse if parked on a grade, or slope.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Some members will realize I've posted this before. I've added these to all the vehicles I've ever had. No need to turn down mirrors that I can see. Properly mounted they will enable you to see the rear wheels which can be helpful in parking. Just added them to my Aviator.

Peter

PB080258a.jpg

KMB505

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
Some members will realize I've posted this before. I've added these to all the vehicles I've ever had. No need to turn down mirrors that I can see. Properly mounted they will enable you to see the rear wheels which can be helpful in parking. Just added them to my Aviator.

Peter

View attachment 176131
Same here Peter. I'm blind in the left, so I can't drive without. I just wish it was integral like my old '15 Explorer.