Auto to 5 speed wiring harness compatibility checked | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Auto to 5 speed wiring harness compatibility checked

Jonjust2bolts

Reaction score
City, State
Macon, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer
I'm putting a 5 speed manual trans out of 93 ranger 4x4 in95 Explorer 4x4 automatic

I'm putting a 5 speed manual trans out of 93 ranger 4x4 in95 Explorer 4x4 automatic
You will need all the guts which are in the clutch housing, part of the transmission case itself, flywheel, clutch disk and pressure plate, clutch pedal assembly, Master Cylinder assembly, the hydraulic line including the quick-connect at the flywheel housing, hole in floor pan for shift lever, the '95 PCM will be "hunting" for a place to talk to the automatic, so expect warning lights on Instrument Panel, possibly Limp Home Strategy, making vehicle undrivable for all practical purposes. If it were my job, I would replace the PCM with the correct one for manual transmission. Doing that would require reviewing all wiring connections to the new PCM, as the important ones, running the engine, may be in different pin locations, etc.

Are you sure you want to tackle this? imp

Back