• Register Today It's free!

Auto to manual hubs

eddiebauer94

Reaction score
City, State
St. Clair Shores, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 eddie bauer
I have a 94 explorer and the 4x4 has not worked right since i got it. now it is not working at all. i fixed the shift motor today when i found the rebuild on this site (very easy) but the 4x4 still does't work. so i decided to try switch auto hubs to warn manual hubs. besides the hubs and the converson kit is ther any thing else i need to bye to install them to my 94 x.

S E A R C H

I'm quite positive it's been discussed before. Some guys have even gone as far as to list the EXACT part numbers you would need to complete the swap.

S E A R C H

Ryan

Manual Hubs

Look on this site, on the home page, under "tips". The hubs are Warn part number 29071. The conversion kit part number was changed from 27997 to 32720 (I think). Check the Warn web site. There is also an excellent procedure for replacing the hubs on the ranger station web site. They even have step-by-step color photos.The instructions that come with the Warn kit are also good.

You will need to buy a 4 prong spindle nut socket for torquing the new nuts. You will also need to buy/borrow/rent a big 100+ ft-lb torque wrench and a small 16 in-lb torque wrench, unless you have a calibrated hand.

You should not need a socket to remove the original spindle nut. Once you pick out the key with a large paper clip, the nut can be removed with a large adjustable wrench or channel locks.

Bob

Back