Auto Windows Up and Down? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Auto Windows Up and Down?

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I know when I had my Ranger, we used to do this all this time. We installed power window motors so we would have auto up and auto down for both windows. There was a guy on the forum that sold modules from Taurus's since he lived right next to a junkyard. Well my X comes with the auto down just on the driver's side. Do anyone know if I can do this feature to my X also? Can I use a module from a Taurus? Any info on this mod?

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
I have thought of doing that myself. Keep searching, and hopefully someone will share that they have done it already. Good luck,
Don

<

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
there was a discussion on this some time ago.
The consis back then that it was not possible.

I dont buy that for a second.

I have not taken the time my self to research and figure it all out my self though.

<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
I haven't either. Both my 93 Limited, and my 98 Mountaineer have the one auto down window. It should be a matter of looking at the wiring, and duplicating the circuit. I'd like to have both front windows go down with one touch. I think there is a dedicated relay, etc. for the one function.
Don

<

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
<

CDW6212R

Hauls the mail.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Knoxville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited AWD
Interesting. Good to know it is self contained in the small unit. Someday soon...

<

HockeyStud852

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Yea me and my friend might try to figure it out sometime this summer when I'm bored...

<